In Need Of Help Finding Records of Italian Grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
anima87ag
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 47
Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 00:31

Finding Records of the Battista Family

Post by anima87ag »

Hello to all,

I hope you are able to view the history of this forum. Back in 2008, some of you found incredible data regarding my great grandparents. Now, years later I am in a position where I can finally have the time to collect all of the documents.

It is great to know that my great grandfather naturalized after my grandfather's birth which means that I am eligible.

To update, I have contacted NYC Archives to search for Raffaele Battista's marriage, death, and naturalization records. If there is another agency I can contact, please inform me. The letter to Sperlonga, Italy will be posted soon, but if there were anymore finding on the original birthplace, it could be helpful too although all signs point to Sperlonga.

DOB January 18, 1886
POB Sfalonga Italy (Sfalonga doesn't exist, perhaps the right spelling is Sperlonga - Latina Province - Lazio Region)

As far as my grandfather Pasquale Battista, my own mother doesn't seem to know his birthplace in NYC. So, please is someone could help locate this, it would be fantastic. Apart from that, the only thing I know how to search is through the NYS Dept. of Health.

Patsy BATTISTA
Birth Date: 23 Sep 1911
Death Date: Aug 1992
Social Security Number: 056-16-6202
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: New York

Any further info about the above records would be wonderful as well as advice continuing with the dual citizenship process.

Grazie a tutti per voi aiutate.


Mille grazie!
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: In Need Of Help Finding Records of Italian Grandparents

Post by pink67 »

Considering that at the time of the 1920 census the family was living at 423 , 121 Street, what about this record from Ancestry.com?

New York County Supreme Court Naturalization Petition Index, 1907-24

Name: Raphael Battista
Address: 421 E. 121 St.
Date: 22 Nov 1918
Volume #: 318
Page #: 84


These naturalization dates are the same of the passport application that member Suanj found for you...

Laura
Post Reply