Since Shytown was mentioned I am not sure if anyone has been made aware of their new Naturalization Index they have provided online
http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/NR/
I found my italian grandfather's info through it, although I already had his ship manifest from Canada.
BTW Peter, if your friend is interested in another lookup I could use some help with the Registri ecclesiastici, 1746-1899 Chiesa cattolica. Parrocchia di San Giusto Canavese films that LDS has. PM me if you dont think he would mind another request.
Thanks
Dan
Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS search?
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS sea
Dear Dan I would only ask my friend in Salt Lake City in an emergent situation. We discussed the matter and we agreed to keep it at that level.
I am more than willing to call the LDS people myself in your behalf if there is something specific you are looking for and see if we can drum up staff there to take a look. Please let me know=Peter=
I am more than willing to call the LDS people myself in your behalf if there is something specific you are looking for and see if we can drum up staff there to take a look. Please let me know=Peter=
Re: Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS sea
Peter,
Thank you that is very kind.
I am looking for information on the parents of
Francesco or Francisco Cerutti born May 1st or 2nd 1894
His father is listed as Giuseppe Cerutti in his immigration records
Both are from San Giusto Canavese, Torino, Italy
The records should be in Microfilm
Title Registri ecclesiastici, 1746-1899
Authors Chiesa cattolica. Parrocchia di San Giusto Canavese (Torino)
Film Titles
Battesimi 1855-1899 Matrimoni 1746-1899 Morti 1746-1844
FHL INTL Film 1547015
Battesimi 1746-1855
FHL INTL Film 1547014 Items 2-4
If you or anyone can help I appreciate it greatly
Dan
Thank you that is very kind.
I am looking for information on the parents of
Francesco or Francisco Cerutti born May 1st or 2nd 1894
His father is listed as Giuseppe Cerutti in his immigration records
Both are from San Giusto Canavese, Torino, Italy
The records should be in Microfilm
Title Registri ecclesiastici, 1746-1899
Authors Chiesa cattolica. Parrocchia di San Giusto Canavese (Torino)
Film Titles
Battesimi 1855-1899 Matrimoni 1746-1899 Morti 1746-1844
FHL INTL Film 1547015
Battesimi 1746-1855
FHL INTL Film 1547014 Items 2-4
If you or anyone can help I appreciate it greatly
Dan
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS sea
Call the LDS in Salt Lake City at 801-240-2331 and ask to speak with a consultant. I do not know what information they can provide but perhaps they can open up some doors for you. =Peter=
Re: Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS sea
DanM
If you provide them with the information on a form, the LDS will provide you a copy of the birth act if it exists. There is a small charge for it but it can be done.
Give me a bit to locate the actual form. I am uploading records and I don't want to start opening all kinds of files right now.
If you provide them with the information on a form, the LDS will provide you a copy of the birth act if it exists. There is a small charge for it but it can be done.
Give me a bit to locate the actual form. I am uploading records and I don't want to start opening all kinds of files right now.
Re: Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS sea
Peter and Nuccia,
Thank you both.
Nuccia no need to find the form I am sure I can find it through their site and if not as Peter mentions I will just give them a jingle.
Do either of you know if the parish records are availble through the church in Torino? If they are I would like to send off for a paper trail which I will then scan and preserve my Italian heritage.
Thanks again
Dan
Thank you both.
Nuccia no need to find the form I am sure I can find it through their site and if not as Peter mentions I will just give them a jingle.
Do either of you know if the parish records are availble through the church in Torino? If they are I would like to send off for a paper trail which I will then scan and preserve my Italian heritage.
Thanks again
Dan
Re: Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS sea
Hmm..not sure on this one Dan. Maybe Pete knows.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Anyone in Salt Lake City,Utah that can assist in LDS sea
Dear Dan if you go to www.parrocchie.it and put in Canavese in right side all 34 churches in Canavese (TO) will show up. Church #9,19,29,30,32 and 34 have telephone numbers indicating resident priest..
There may be duplicate records for San Justo just in case "we have no records today" refrain is introduced, It was nnot standard pracice to keep duplicate records until the 1900s. But some Dioceses, like TORINO started making duplicates as early as 1820 to 1899. These duplicates when they exist, are normally located at the Curia Vescovile (diocesan archives).
The FHL has microfilmed records at the diocesan archives in Caltanisseta, Torino, Trapani and Parma.
Please let me know if the FHL diocesan records exist. if not we have to go to Torino and find where they are supposed to be archived justin case they slipped thru the Mormon camera guys. =Peter=
There may be duplicate records for San Justo just in case "we have no records today" refrain is introduced, It was nnot standard pracice to keep duplicate records until the 1900s. But some Dioceses, like TORINO started making duplicates as early as 1820 to 1899. These duplicates when they exist, are normally located at the Curia Vescovile (diocesan archives).
The FHL has microfilmed records at the diocesan archives in Caltanisseta, Torino, Trapani and Parma.
Please let me know if the FHL diocesan records exist. if not we have to go to Torino and find where they are supposed to be archived justin case they slipped thru the Mormon camera guys. =Peter=


