Yeah I'm having no luck with the others OR my fathers side
I'm starting to think they were never there during a Census year


I looked at Loreto Valente's 1936 manifest again, if this is the correct Loreto he was joining his father Pasquale in Detroit. Are you sure your Pasquale died in the 1920's?adriana295 wrote: My other great grandfather is a little more of a mystery. His name was Pasquale Valente and lived in Detroit with his two sons Loreto (Larry) and Luciano. I know Luciano had a Deli/Store in Newark. NI and this is where the leads vanish. Larry died recently as far as I know and the information has stopped due to all the older generations in my family passing away. I know Pasquale died in a railing accident in the 1920's although I can't seem to find any written record of his death.

Cool i've never actually been able to find him, I only found Luciano who went over in 1920!!vj wrote:Valente family
I looked at Loreto Valente's 1936 manifest again, if this is the correct Loreto he was joining his father Pasquale in Detroit. Are you sure your Pasquale died in the 1920's?adriana295 wrote: My other great grandfather is a little more of a mystery. His name was Pasquale Valente and lived in Detroit with his two sons Loreto (Larry) and Luciano. I know Luciano had a Deli/Store in Newark. NI and this is where the leads vanish. Larry died recently as far as I know and the information has stopped due to all the older generations in my family passing away. I know Pasquale died in a railing accident in the 1920's although I can't seem to find any written record of his death.
Is this correct?
1936 manifest
page 2
21 Dec 1936 SS Saturnia, Naples to NY
line 2
Loreto Valente 18 (abt 1918)
- single
- born in & last residence Villa Latina (Frosinone, Lazio)
- in Villa Latina, mother Loreta Rossi
- destination Detroit, MI
- not in US before
- joining father Pasquale at 3634 Russell Street


Antonio Valente joining son Pasquale in Detroitadriana295 wrote:... im just discovering my g-g-g grandparents were also in the states...


possible manifestsadriana295 wrote:My great grandfather (maternal) was Crecenzo Palombo and I have managed to find his birth (born Phili, PA) and death certificate (Detroit, MI) although it stops there. I know he was living in Detroit with his parents Nunzio Palombo and Benedetta Panetta and that he had a sister. This is where the information stops as he died in the States while his wife and children remained in Italy

Hi Crescenzo was born in Phildelphia, PA , 11 November 1890vj wrote:Palombo/Cornacchia
possible manifestsadriana295 wrote:My great grandfather (maternal) was Crecenzo Palombo and I have managed to find his birth (born Phili, PA) and death certificate (Detroit, MI) although it stops there. I know he was living in Detroit with his parents Nunzio Palombo and Benedetta Panetta and that he had a sister. This is where the information stops as he died in the States while his wife and children remained in Italy
1907 manifest
page 2
25 Jul 1907, SS Germania, Naples to NY
line 9
Crescenzo Palombo 17 (abt 1890)
- single
- last residence Villa Latina
- in Villa Latina, sister Filomena
- destination Detroit MI
- not in US before
- joining father Nunziato Palombo
- born in Villa Latina
---
1911 manifest
page 2
21 April 1911, SS Cleveland, Naples to NY
lines 18-19
Crescenzo Palombo 20 (abt 1890)
- single
- last residence Villa Latina
- in Villa Latina, father Nunziato Palombo
- destination Detroit MI
- in Michigan 1907-1909
- joining brother-in-law Antonio Valente
- born in Villa Latina
sister Angela Palombo Valente 24 (abt 1886)
- married
- in Michigan 1900-1909
- joining husband Antonio Valente
- born in Villa Latina
---
1914
page 2
29 Jul 1914 SS San Guglielmo, Naples to NY
line 7
Crescenzo Palombo 24 (abt 1890)
- married
- last residence Villa Latina
- in Villa Latina, wife Leonarda Cornacchia
- destination Detroit,
- in Detroit 1910-191311
- joining brother Francesco
- born in Villa Latina