Marcello -
On my next visit to Petralia Sottana I would like to view the church archives at the Duomo. Would you kindly advise me:
1 - do you write the priest and set an appointment?
2 - I know the priest is very busy - does he help locate the books and help you look through them?
3 - how much time would I be allowed?
4 - should I make a small contribution to the church, any suggestions would help.
Since you have recently been there, I am so glad you have joined the posts! Grazie!
Church Records in Palermo
- GeorgiaCaterina
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 14:43
- Marcello_DAleo
- Master

- Posts: 667
- Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 16:04
- Location: Bagheria, Palermo, Sicily
- Contact:
Re: Church Records in Palermo
If you want to set an appointment, you must telephone him.
He can't help you in the resesarch. If you want, you can contact me and if I am free in that day I can help you.
You can stay in the archive all the time you need.
Make a contribution to the church, and be generous! Your contribution will be used for the same archive.
He can't help you in the resesarch. If you want, you can contact me and if I am free in that day I can help you.
You can stay in the archive all the time you need.
Make a contribution to the church, and be generous! Your contribution will be used for the same archive.
- GeorgiaCaterina
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 14:43
Re: Church Records in Palermo
Thank you Marcello, I will contact you before my next trip!
Re: Church Records in Palermo
Marcelo,
I have visited your website. I've left you email at your website address to do some research for me in Petralia......not sure if you have seen my request or not it was on 20 Sept. I can resend it if you need me to. Thanx, Jack
I have visited your website. I've left you email at your website address to do some research for me in Petralia......not sure if you have seen my request or not it was on 20 Sept. I can resend it if you need me to. Thanx, Jack
