ordering deceased parent's birth certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 131
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 20:37

Re: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate

Post by cdevita »

I am very concerned about these difficult to acquire docs getting lost or never returned to me.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate

Post by PeterTimber »

I am not that familiar with the requirements of certification and authentication of these documents to comment or offer advise. I would refer you to the recipient of these documents and ask what specifications they require.

Same here for the letter of exemplification which can be seen at Google.com under Letter of Exemplification =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
teakandreggie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 03 Oct 2009, 20:40

Re: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate

Post by teakandreggie »

Thanks Peter

Teak
User avatar
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 131
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 20:37

Re: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate

Post by cdevita »

I have a question-I have sent two requests to the birth and marriage records office in Montemesola and it has been over 1 month with no response. I have typed out a letter in Italian with my request with names of my GGF and GGM (maiden name) along with approx. birth dates and location of their marriage. I am also sending this with approx. $10 in IRC's. Do I need to to send them any copies of any birth certificates, etc. of my grandfather or show any lineage along with the letter of request and IRC's?
Post Reply