Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Thanks for the help, Misbris!
Lucap, would you mind trying another for me. Thanks! This one seems to have a lot of stuff and I am confused. It's an older record.
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... na1821.jpg
Lucap, would you mind trying another for me. Thanks! This one seems to have a lot of stuff and I am confused. It's an older record.
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... na1821.jpg
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Die 22 Ap(ri)lis 1821
De licentia Rev(eren)di D(omini) Laurenti
Quartana archipresbiteri huius
matr(ici)s parochiali Eccl(esi)se, ego Sac(erdos)
D. Joanne Sanicola canonicum ci-
vitatis ...(?) baptizzavi infan-
tem natum die 18 eiusdem ap(ri)lis
ex parentibus Arcangelo et Fran-
cisca Gallina et Guagliardo jug(ale)s
cui nomen fuit impositus Sal-
vator Maria; patrinus fuit
magister Joseph Radossi.
Il giorno 22 di aprile 1821
Su licenza del reverendo don Lorenzo
Quartana arciprete di questa
matrice e parrocchiale chiesa, io sacerdote
don Giovanni Sanicola canonico della cittÃ
di ...(?) battezai un bambino
nato il giorno 18 dello stesso aprile
dai genitori Arcangelo e Francesca
coniugi Gallina e Gagliardo
a cui fu imposto il nome Salvatore
Maria; padrino fu
mastro Giuseppe Radossi.
L.
De licentia Rev(eren)di D(omini) Laurenti
Quartana archipresbiteri huius
matr(ici)s parochiali Eccl(esi)se, ego Sac(erdos)
D. Joanne Sanicola canonicum ci-
vitatis ...(?) baptizzavi infan-
tem natum die 18 eiusdem ap(ri)lis
ex parentibus Arcangelo et Fran-
cisca Gallina et Guagliardo jug(ale)s
cui nomen fuit impositus Sal-
vator Maria; patrinus fuit
magister Joseph Radossi.
Il giorno 22 di aprile 1821
Su licenza del reverendo don Lorenzo
Quartana arciprete di questa
matrice e parrocchiale chiesa, io sacerdote
don Giovanni Sanicola canonico della cittÃ
di ...(?) battezai un bambino
nato il giorno 18 dello stesso aprile
dai genitori Arcangelo e Francesca
coniugi Gallina e Gagliardo
a cui fu imposto il nome Salvatore
Maria; padrino fu
mastro Giuseppe Radossi.
L.
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Thank you so much! I wonder if the child is a male or female? I an not sure. Your thoughts?
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
http://www.20000-names.com/male_italian_names_03.htmLucap wrote:a cui fu imposto il nome Salvatore
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Thank you, as always. Salvatore is a Male.
Pls let me know if I am bothering you by asking you to translate these docs?
Without you, I would be lost...
If you are able, can u pls let me know if I am correct iwth the info ib this record: http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... tryLDS.png
Groom is Giuseppe Alfano. His parents are Francesco Alfano and Lucia Di Liberto.
Bride is Antonina Gallina. What are the names of her parents?
Grazie tanto!
Pls let me know if I am bothering you by asking you to translate these docs?
Without you, I would be lost...
If you are able, can u pls let me know if I am correct iwth the info ib this record: http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... tryLDS.png
Groom is Giuseppe Alfano. His parents are Francesco Alfano and Lucia Di Liberto.
Bride is Antonina Gallina. What are the names of her parents?
Grazie tanto!
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
helepera wrote:Bride is Antonina Gallina. What are the names of her parents?
Lucap wrote:helepera wrote: I am hoping to identify the parents of the bride (Antonina Gallina) late ANTONINO and GIUSEPPA ....
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Thanks - you are a savior. It's taken me all of my life to find this stuff! I was hoping to find the maiden name for the bride's mom. I suppose it wasn't included in the record?
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Hi Lucap and others.
Buon Compleano a tutti. Lucap, I found a family marriage certificate, and Iam hoping it has the maiden name of the bride, and whatever other names may be included.
The groom is Francesco DiLiberto, and the bride is Lucia___?
I can see the other names but I am unable to extract the needed names and relationships. Here is the link:
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 1844cl.jpg
Can u help? Many thanks!
Buon Compleano a tutti. Lucap, I found a family marriage certificate, and Iam hoping it has the maiden name of the bride, and whatever other names may be included.
The groom is Francesco DiLiberto, and the bride is Lucia___?
I can see the other names but I am unable to extract the needed names and relationships. Here is the link:
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 1844cl.jpg
Can u help? Many thanks!
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
The groom is
Francesco Alfano
and the bride is
Lucia diLiberto.
Francesco Alfanoand the bride is
Lucia diLiberto.Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Thank you, Livio!
I know the names of the groom and bride. However, I need the names for the parents of each. I am at a dead end in my research if I can't ascertain parental names of the couple.
If you can help, please do:-)
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 1844cl.jpg
I know the names of the groom and bride. However, I need the names for the parents of each. I am at a dead end in my research if I can't ascertain parental names of the couple.
If you can help, please do:-)
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 1844cl.jpg
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
In your previous post you said The groom is Francesco DiLiberto, and the bride is Lucia___?...helepera wrote:Thank you, Livio!
I know the names of the groom and bride. However, I need the names for the parents of each. I am at a dead end in my research if I can't ascertain parental names of the couple.
If you can help, please do:-)
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 1844cl.jpg
The grooms parents are the deceased Giuseppe (Joseph) and the livinf Martina Crisenza
The bride is daughter of Santo and Antonia Minasolo (?)
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Thank you so much. I'm sorry if my rior posts were unclear. Some of the names are difficult to translate and this is the first time I'v seen the names: Martina Crisenza, Santo and Antonia Minasolo (?). These names will allow me to dig deepr.
However, I want to make sure that the following is correct (as per attached marriage record:
Groom-Francisco Alfano, the son of Joseph (dead) and Martina Crisenza (living)
Bride-Lucia DiLiberto, the daughter of Santo DiLiberto and Antonia Minasola(?)
Many thanks! How do you know all this stuff:-)
However, I want to make sure that the following is correct (as per attached marriage record:
Groom-Francisco Alfano, the son of Joseph (dead) and Martina Crisenza (living)
Bride-Lucia DiLiberto, the daughter of Santo DiLiberto and Antonia Minasola(?)
Many thanks! How do you know all this stuff:-)
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Can u do another? This is really old, All names that are listed would be appreciated. (groom/parents and bride/parents)
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... lewed1.jpg
Thanks!
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... lewed1.jpg
Thanks!
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
I hope someone will translate in english for you:
Die 3ª Junii 1819
Tribus denuntiationibus praemissis totidemque diebus festivis vid(elice)t 13,
20, 23 maii 1819 inter missarum solemnia pro matr(imoni)o contrahendo
inter Sanctum Diliberto innubum [innuptum] fil(iu)m leg(itimu)m et n(atural)em magistri Petri
Diliberto, et quondam Luciae Santorello olim jug(ale)m, et Antoniam Mi-
nosolo innuctam [innuptam] fil(ia)m leg(itima)m et n(atura)lem quondam Josephi Minasolo et
viventis Catherinae Venenzino olim jug(ale)m, nulloque detecto
impedim(ent)o leg(itim)o et can(onic)o ego Sac(erdo)s D. Laurentius Quartana Ar-
chip(resbite)r huius matris parochialis Eccl(esi)ae sub tit(ulo) S(ancti) Stephani interro-
gavi, eorumque mutuo consensu habito, matrimonio conjunxi
et benedixi in missa coram testibus magistro Paulo Bisaccia, et
Vincentio Pillisteri(?).
Il giorno 3 di giugno 1819
Premesse le tre solite pubblicazioni in altrettanti giorni festivi cioè il 13, il 20 ed il 23 di maggio 1819 nei riti delle messe solenni per il matrimonio da contrarsi tra Sante Diliberto, celibe, figlio legittimo e naturale del fu mastro Pietro Diliberto e della fu Lucia Santorello già coniugi, e Antonia Minasolo, nubile, figlia legittima e naturale del fu Giuseppe Minasolo e della vivente Caterina Venenzino già coniugi, e nessun legittimo e canonico impedimento scoperto io Sacerdote Don Lorenzo Quartana arciprete di questa Chiesa madre e parrocchiale sotto il titolo di Santo Stefano, li interrogai e avuto il loro reciproco consenso in matrimonio li congiunsi e li benedissi durante la messa davanti ai testimoni mastro Paolo Bisaccia e Vincenzo Pillisteri(?)
Luca
Die 3ª Junii 1819
Tribus denuntiationibus praemissis totidemque diebus festivis vid(elice)t 13,
20, 23 maii 1819 inter missarum solemnia pro matr(imoni)o contrahendo
inter Sanctum Diliberto innubum [innuptum] fil(iu)m leg(itimu)m et n(atural)em magistri Petri
Diliberto, et quondam Luciae Santorello olim jug(ale)m, et Antoniam Mi-
nosolo innuctam [innuptam] fil(ia)m leg(itima)m et n(atura)lem quondam Josephi Minasolo et
viventis Catherinae Venenzino olim jug(ale)m, nulloque detecto
impedim(ent)o leg(itim)o et can(onic)o ego Sac(erdo)s D. Laurentius Quartana Ar-
chip(resbite)r huius matris parochialis Eccl(esi)ae sub tit(ulo) S(ancti) Stephani interro-
gavi, eorumque mutuo consensu habito, matrimonio conjunxi
et benedixi in missa coram testibus magistro Paulo Bisaccia, et
Vincentio Pillisteri(?).
Il giorno 3 di giugno 1819
Premesse le tre solite pubblicazioni in altrettanti giorni festivi cioè il 13, il 20 ed il 23 di maggio 1819 nei riti delle messe solenni per il matrimonio da contrarsi tra Sante Diliberto, celibe, figlio legittimo e naturale del fu mastro Pietro Diliberto e della fu Lucia Santorello già coniugi, e Antonia Minasolo, nubile, figlia legittima e naturale del fu Giuseppe Minasolo e della vivente Caterina Venenzino già coniugi, e nessun legittimo e canonico impedimento scoperto io Sacerdote Don Lorenzo Quartana arciprete di questa Chiesa madre e parrocchiale sotto il titolo di Santo Stefano, li interrogai e avuto il loro reciproco consenso in matrimonio li congiunsi e li benedissi durante la messa davanti ai testimoni mastro Paolo Bisaccia e Vincenzo Pillisteri(?)
Luca
Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Luca,
I would be lost without you! Grazie tanto!
If I recall my Italian, I think this says:
June (13-20or 23rd) Santa DiLiberto , a legitimate son of Pietro DiLiberti, and Lucia Santorello, joined Antonia Minasolo, legitimate daughter of
Giuseppe Minasolo and Caterina Venenzino.
Priest=Quartana
Church=St. Stefano
Witnesses: Paolo Bisaccia e Vincenzo Pillisteri
I would be lost without you! Grazie tanto!
If I recall my Italian, I think this says:
June (13-20or 23rd) Santa DiLiberto , a legitimate son of Pietro DiLiberti, and Lucia Santorello, joined Antonia Minasolo, legitimate daughter of
Giuseppe Minasolo and Caterina Venenzino.
Priest=Quartana
Church=St. Stefano
Witnesses: Paolo Bisaccia e Vincenzo Pillisteri
