Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I am doing some research on my grandfather and I believe you may have his ship manifest. The last name was MONA and they came from Calciano. My great grandfather came ahead of the rest of the family, who arrived on the SS Roma in Jul 1928 via Naples.
I believe the manifest images you posted are from his boat, arriving 7/20/1928. I think my grandfather Vincenzo, age 7, and his brothers and mother were aboard. Is there anyway you could validate this for me? I would be eternally grateful.
Thank you so much.
vj wrote:Is this family related to yours?
Thank you, Valarie
Home in 1930:
154 Middle Street
Leominster, Worcester, Massachusetts
head Carmine Cornacchia 25, abt 1905 IT
- married age 20, abt 1925
- immig 1928 wife Rosa Cornacchia 24, abt 1906 IT
- immig 1928
daughter Graecce Cornacchia 3, abt 1927 IT
- immig 1928
---
Rosina Cornacchia 25, abt 1903
- born Bristol, England
- last residence V Latina
- leaving mother Carolina in Villa Lat
- destination Leominster Mass
- joining husband Carmine Cornacchia
Crescenza Cornacchia (US Cit) 2, abt 1926
- born V Latina
---
notes:
- this Carmine Cornacchia appears to have been born in Michigan, died in Leominster in 1976
- may have been why daughter Crescenza (Grace) was noted as a US Citizen on her 1928 ship manifest
SSDI
Name: Carmine Cornacchia
SSN: 019-05-xxxx
Last Residence: 01453 Leominster, Worcester, Massachusetts
Born: 22 Mar 1904
Died: Jun 1976
State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (Before 1951)
MA Death Index
Name: Carmine Cornacchia
Certificate: 034803
Death Place: Leominster
Death Date: 15 Jun 1976
Birth Place: Michigan
During a recent search in Villa Latina I noticed that many families who emigrated to UK continued to register their children in Villa Latina even though they were born in England.
They appear to have continued to maintain their residency in Villa Latina and even were counted in the census'
Ann Tatangelo http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
mikebarr wrote:I am doing some research on my grandfather and I believe you may have his ship manifest. The last name was MONA and they came from Calciano. My great grandfather came ahead of the rest of the family, who arrived on the SS Roma in Jul 1928 via Naples.
I believe the manifest images you posted are from his boat, arriving 7/20/1928. I think my grandfather Vincenzo, age 7, and his brothers and mother were aboard. Is there anyway you could validate this for me? I would be eternally grateful.
Thank you so much.
Here you go
from ancestry. com
lines 9-12
Name: Vincenzo Mona Squeo
Arrival Date: 20 Jul 1928
Birth Year: abt 1921
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: calciano
Age: 7 Gender: Male
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Roma
ToniD8236 wrote:Thank you everyone for all the valuable information you have shared! It's fascinating reading the census for Felice Cornacchia; I've been trying to discover what connection there was to England and now I know that he worked in Surrey and later his wife gave birth to their daughters, Rosa and Maria, in England. I wish I could find a marriage certificate for Felice and Carolina (Carolinae?) Cornacchia to learn more about this line of the family.
Also, I'm trying to discover who Mary Cornacchia (b. abt 1886 in England) was married to. From your information, I've learned that she was widowed at the time of the 1930 U.S. Census. It would be fascinating to find out her husband's surname!
Thank you!
I found a Mary Cornacchia who married Cesidio Capaldi in Pontypridd 1912, which would make her 24 if she was the Mary Cornacchia born in Bristol around 1886 (1888).
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
I know this probably wont mean anything to you at this point but just in case you do go back further with your research it may be of help in the future. I have recorded a few births records for VillaLatina from the Family search films and have found two with the surname you are researching-
Cornacchia:
Marco born 12/3/1860
Father-Agostino
Mother-Maria LuigiaTamburo
Giuseppe born 3/1/1862
Father-Luigi
Mother-Leonarda Cosa
My great grandfather came from England with his wife in Canada. His name was Domenico Cornacchia and his wife was Luccia Ingolotti. Both of them are in 1911 England Census and the informations about them is: Domenico born + - 1875 and Luccia Ingolotti +- 1882.
They had three daughters: Antonietta ( my grandmother ), Rosina and Lena ( Helena ? or Eleanor ).
I Would like to know if they are relatives to Carmine Cornacchio and if it's possible to obtain informations about where they came from and if they have relatives in England or in Italy.
I want to find informations about one of my ancestor who came from Italy. His name is Domenico Cornacchia and his english wife's name is Lucy Ingolotti. He lived in England.
I don't know from what part of Italy he came.
His wife is Lucy Ingolotti ( Antonio Ingolotti father + Agnès Gertrude Few mother ).
Is he related to Carmine Cornacchia or to another Cornacchia ?
What I found is that many italian Cornacchia departed from England ( Liverpool ) to go in America. Their names are; Carmine Cornacchia, Pietro Cornacchia, Giuseppe Cornachia.
I would appreciate greatly all the links you can give to know who he was, where he came from et specially who his father, his mother and if some have informations his brother and sister.