In genealogy there is very little information that is irrelevant.
This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this board,L
- DebiHarbuck
- Elite

- Posts: 353
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Not exactly irrelevant. In order to determine where Beniamino Passaro was in 1900, it would be helpful to know a) where Josephine was in 1900, what her maiden name and previous married name were, what we have to refute the census claim that Rose was his daughter rather than step-daughter, etc.
In genealogy there is very little information that is irrelevant.
In genealogy there is very little information that is irrelevant.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
I have the paper work that says she was the step daughter and the living relatives that said it as well. I know without a doubt Josephine was in Italy in 1900 with her husband Nicola and their first child Rose. Ben was here .I have paperwork from Rose herself stating her real father as well is not Ben. After 10 years of doing this I have paper work out the ears, lol
- DebiHarbuck
- Elite

- Posts: 353
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
I know how you feel. 
I have over 20 years research experience in NJ (don't let this boards "Rookie" designation fool you...I'm just new <i>here</i>), and am happy to try to help you find these folks...can you tell me Josephine's maiden name and the last name of her first husband?
I have over 20 years research experience in NJ (don't let this boards "Rookie" designation fool you...I'm just new <i>here</i>), and am happy to try to help you find these folks...can you tell me Josephine's maiden name and the last name of her first husband?
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Interesting Death record from New Jersey.
Baby boy Passaro, born 25 June 1898 to
father Beniamino Passaro, born in Italy
mother Meluzza, born in Italy
Child must have died at birth.
Place of death is Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey.
Maybe getting a copy of this death certificate from New Jersey Vital records could help with solving the mystery...
Name Passaro
Gender Male
Burial Date
Burial Place
Death Date 25 Jun 1898
Death Place Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey
Age 0
Birth Date 1898
Birthplace
Occupation
Race
Marital Status
Spouse's Name
Father's Name Beniamino Passaro
Father's Birthplace Ita
Mother's Name Meluzza
Mother's Birthplace Ita
Indexing Project (Batch) Number B06590-1
System Origin New Jersey-EASy
Source Film Number 589080
Reference Number n62
T.
Baby boy Passaro, born 25 June 1898 to
father Beniamino Passaro, born in Italy
mother Meluzza, born in Italy
Child must have died at birth.
Place of death is Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey.
Maybe getting a copy of this death certificate from New Jersey Vital records could help with solving the mystery...
Name Passaro
Gender Male
Burial Date
Burial Place
Death Date 25 Jun 1898
Death Place Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey
Age 0
Birth Date 1898
Birthplace
Occupation
Race
Marital Status
Spouse's Name
Father's Name Beniamino Passaro
Father's Birthplace Ita
Mother's Name Meluzza
Mother's Birthplace Ita
Indexing Project (Batch) Number B06590-1
System Origin New Jersey-EASy
Source Film Number 589080
Reference Number n62
T.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Holy crap how did you get that? I was given this info from a relative! But bits and pieces. You rock tessa!. So this is saying the child was born in Italy from a mother in Italy yet died in JC?
Wait I read it wrong...both parents born in Italy not child. See, his first wife was Carmela. This must be his second wife. Then his 3rd wife is Josephine.Meluzza a first name or surname?
Wait I read it wrong...both parents born in Italy not child. See, his first wife was Carmela. This must be his second wife. Then his 3rd wife is Josephine.Meluzza a first name or surname?
- DebiHarbuck
- Elite

- Posts: 353
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Hey, Tessa
That's the record that prompted me to ask about Josephine's former names.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Have no idea about whether Meluzza is first or last name, but I'm thinking more likely a last name...
I would definitely get a copy of that death record, and find out if there happens to be a corresponding birth record...
T.
Hi Debi
I would definitely get a copy of that death record, and find out if there happens to be a corresponding birth record...
T.
Hi Debi
- DebiHarbuck
- Elite

- Posts: 353
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
In my experience, you get the mother's maiden name in these extracts.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Meluzza is not Josephines maiden name or marriage name. This is someone totally different. I asked livio and he said meluzza could be a surname OR a first name like Melissa. The problem is this is pre 1900. Its with NJ archives. They wont send me anything. I have to go in person and cant do that. Ive been told there are 2 other births or deaths for Beniamino Passaro. I believe girls. Also around 1898 in JC. Did you see them?Tessa78 wrote:Have no idea about whether Meluzza is first or last name, but I'm thinking more likely a last name...
I would definitely get a copy of that death record, and find out there happens to be a corresponding birth record...
T.
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
No, but I'll keep lookingDeFilippis78 wrote: Ive been told there are 2 other births or deaths for Beniamino Passaro. I believe girls. Also around 1898 in JC. Did you see them?
T.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Actually there is one other DC for a litttle girl named Carmela Passaro who died january 26 1898 in JC as well by beniamino passaro. Can you find it? So he had 2 children with a second wife that died.
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Baby girl Carmela Passaro born/died in 1896...
Only this information available...
Name: Carmela Passaro
Gender: Female
Burial Date:
Burial Place:
Death Date: 24 Jan 1896
Death Place: Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey
Age: 0
Birth Date: 1896
Birthplace: U.S.
Occupation:
Race: White
Marital Status:
Spouse's Name:
Father's Name:
Father's Birthplace: It.
Mother's Name:
Mother's Birthplace: It.
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B06623-6
System Origin: New Jersey-EASy
Source Film Number: 589805
Reference Number: v 49 p 226
Collection: New Jersey Deaths and Burials, 1720-1988
T.
Only this information available...
Name: Carmela Passaro
Gender: Female
Burial Date:
Burial Place:
Death Date: 24 Jan 1896
Death Place: Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey
Age: 0
Birth Date: 1896
Birthplace: U.S.
Occupation:
Race: White
Marital Status:
Spouse's Name:
Father's Name:
Father's Birthplace: It.
Mother's Name:
Mother's Birthplace: It.
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B06623-6
System Origin: New Jersey-EASy
Source Film Number: 589805
Reference Number: v 49 p 226
Collection: New Jersey Deaths and Burials, 1720-1988
T.
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
There should be a marriage or death record for the second wife...DeFilippis78 wrote: So he had 2 children with a second wife that died.
T.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
That must be her. Beniaminos mothers name is Carmela so they are following the naming traditions here. It breaks my heart to know these 2 little children are buried some where with no one to lay flowers by a grave. And I dont know what happened to the wife! Its not his first wife and not his third. But this proves at 1900 he was either still with meluzza or widowed but still in JC
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
I dont know how to find it. All I know is she had 2 children who died with a name meluzzaTessa78 wrote:There should be a marriage or death record for the second wife...DeFilippis78 wrote: So he had 2 children with a second wife that died.
T.