VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
It sounds like a tragic story.........I do hope Melody shares with us.
In God's grace there is always peace.......
DeLisa
In God's grace there is always peace.......
DeLisa
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
Wondering if someone out there has a subscription and can help. I'm looking for the 1900, 1910, 1920 census for the State of Connecticut, County of Middlesex, Town of Durham or Middletown. Looking for a Giacomo Ciapponi. This is apparently the person Marcello traveled with in 1898. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Melody
Melody
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
I'm still serarching...... also wondering if anyone has subscription for Castle Garden and can help. I would like to view the manifest for Giacomo Ciapponi, age 37, arriving April 15, 1889, date of birth about 1852. Think I'm still pulling skeletons from the closet!
Melody
Melody
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
Hi Melody:Melody wrote:Wondering if someone out there has a subscription and can help. I'm looking for the 1900, 1910, 1920 census for the State of Connecticut, County of Middlesex, Town of Durham or Middletown. Looking for a Giacomo Ciapponi. This is apparently the person Marcello traveled with in 1898. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Melody
1900 census: Marcello
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/238/ ... ssinu1.jpg
1930 census: Marcello/Jack
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4675 ... susmj0.jpg
lacking 1910 and 1920.. I believe that could be also in New York NY, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
if someone can look to insert this ship's manifest by ancestry subscription:
Giacomo Ciapponi Occupation Farmer
Age 37
Sex M
Literacy U
Arrived 15 Apr 1889
Origin Italy
Port Havre
Last Residence U
Destination USA
Plan Unknown
Ship La Champagne
Passage Unknown
thanks, suanj
Giacomo Ciapponi Occupation Farmer
Age 37
Sex M
Literacy U
Arrived 15 Apr 1889
Origin Italy
Port Havre
Last Residence U
Destination USA
Plan Unknown
Ship La Champagne
Passage Unknown
thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
hi nonna J, many thanks!!! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
also this record could be interesting:
1900 United States Federal Census Record
Census
View Image Name: James Chippone
Birth: abt 1850 - location
Arrival: year
Residence: 1900 - city, Suffolk, New York
thanks for to look, suanj
1900 United States Federal Census Record
Census
View Image Name: James Chippone
Birth: abt 1850 - location
Arrival: year
Residence: 1900 - city, Suffolk, New York
thanks for to look, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
Melody: I believe that this is another travel of Giacomo Ciapponi in 1893 http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 3360180828
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
suaj,
Did you want to view this record?
1900 United States Federal Census Record
about James Chippone
Name: James Chippone
Home in 1900: East Hampton, Suffolk, New York
Age: 50
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1850
BirthPlace: Italy
Relationship to head-of-house: Boarder
Race: White
Occupation: View Image
Immigration year: 1899
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Robert M Pose 35
Andrew Sedillo 36
James Chippone 50
Cologer Newceli 25
Gettie Aginstino 29
Joseph 35
Sackvan Pauline 27
Mike Willard 27
19oo Census for James Chippone
nuccia
Did you want to view this record?
1900 United States Federal Census Record
about James Chippone
Name: James Chippone
Home in 1900: East Hampton, Suffolk, New York
Age: 50
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1850
BirthPlace: Italy
Relationship to head-of-house: Boarder
Race: White
Occupation: View Image
Immigration year: 1899
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Robert M Pose 35
Andrew Sedillo 36
James Chippone 50
Cologer Newceli 25
Gettie Aginstino 29
Joseph 35
Sackvan Pauline 27
Mike Willard 27
19oo Census for James Chippone
nuccia
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
-Hi Nuccia many thanks!
it could be the Giacomo Ciapponi... !!!
-I found the Giacomo Ciapponi first travel of 1889(by castle garden and "nonna j" kindly, for the ship's manifest); and the second travel in the 1898 with Marcello... so this could be he.... !!
-I don't know with precision who was this person for Marcello, but Marcello travelled with he and also by same surname
-Marcello Ciaponi Civo 1898 15
-Gia c. Ciaponi Civo 1898 46
I believe that he could be related with Margherita Ciapponi that raised Marcello....
after USA emigration, Marcello had no contacts with Ciapponis in Connecticut....
- the only Margherita Ciapponi that I found is:
Marguerita Giovannini Ciapponi Civo (Soudico/Sondrio) 1904 39 in travel with children joining Casimiro Ciapponi husband....
but could be that was also some other Margherita in Civo maybe related with this Giacomo... waiting the Como records, peraphs by birth act copy from origina registry we can know more.... I know that in second travel Giacomo came in Connecticut, but I cannot find it!!
many thanks, kisses, suanj
it could be the Giacomo Ciapponi... !!!
-I found the Giacomo Ciapponi first travel of 1889(by castle garden and "nonna j" kindly, for the ship's manifest); and the second travel in the 1898 with Marcello... so this could be he.... !!
-I don't know with precision who was this person for Marcello, but Marcello travelled with he and also by same surname
-Marcello Ciaponi Civo 1898 15
-Gia c. Ciaponi Civo 1898 46
I believe that he could be related with Margherita Ciapponi that raised Marcello....
after USA emigration, Marcello had no contacts with Ciapponis in Connecticut....
- the only Margherita Ciapponi that I found is:
Marguerita Giovannini Ciapponi Civo (Soudico/Sondrio) 1904 39 in travel with children joining Casimiro Ciapponi husband....
but could be that was also some other Margherita in Civo maybe related with this Giacomo... waiting the Como records, peraphs by birth act copy from origina registry we can know more.... I know that in second travel Giacomo came in Connecticut, but I cannot find it!!
many thanks, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY
Thank you everyone for supplying the info. Still tryin to put the puzzle together as you know pieces are missing. Guess I need to be patient for the Birth registery from Como.
Melody
Melody


