demise of Family Tree Maker

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2130
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: demise of Family Tree Maker

Post by rp76226 »

Family TreeMaker 2019 has gone from bad to worse. After syncing my Trees, I ran a kinship report for myself, the "Home" person, looking for people who are not related to me (a good thing to do for large trees every once in a while to keep the Tree accurate - my Tree has over 68,000 people). FTM 2019 reported 87 people who were not related to me. However, when I checked each of those 87 people on my tree on Ancestry.com, 84 of those 87 people are actually related to me!! That is totally intolerable. Means that I cannot trust FTM 2019 at all and won't be using it. Much too dangerous!!
Post Reply