In the past, the records were always held by the individual parishes. But it seems that that has recently changed.
Good luck!
I Live in Brooklyn, NYC. Perhaps I Can Help Someone
-
MaddalenaNYC
- Veteran

- Posts: 202
- Joined: 27 Feb 2012, 02:02
- Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Re: I Live in Brooklyn, NYC. Perhaps I Can Help Someone
Maddalena....I called NY archdiocese chancery office and was told all parish records are still held in each parish. They are working on archiving all parish records in the archdiocese chancery office.
I will try again at Mt Carmel in Harlem to get some info.
I think after grandparents NYC marriage on 3/18/1917 they left for PA since first child was born in December 1917 in PA. Their youngest son told me that my GF couldn’t find work in NYC so left to work as miner near family in Minersville, Pa. First three children born there, with last birth there in 1921....my mother. Last three children born in Jersey City, NJ.
Thx so much for your help.
JCM...Joyce
I will try again at Mt Carmel in Harlem to get some info.
I think after grandparents NYC marriage on 3/18/1917 they left for PA since first child was born in December 1917 in PA. Their youngest son told me that my GF couldn’t find work in NYC so left to work as miner near family in Minersville, Pa. First three children born there, with last birth there in 1921....my mother. Last three children born in Jersey City, NJ.
Thx so much for your help.
JCM...Joyce
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: I Live in Brooklyn, NYC. Perhaps I Can Help Someone
I'm a bit confused by this thread, jumping around a bit.
The document mentioned is the 1917 marriage of [Cosimo Iandolo & Marianna Saporito]; here is a link to the doc:
https://a860-historicalvitalrecords.nyc ... ew/8727307
The church mentioned is not Mt. Carmel, it is Our Lady of Pompei in Greenwich Village, currently at 25 Carmine Street.
Parker
The document mentioned is the 1917 marriage of [Cosimo Iandolo & Marianna Saporito]; here is a link to the doc:
https://a860-historicalvitalrecords.nyc ... ew/8727307
The church mentioned is not Mt. Carmel, it is Our Lady of Pompei in Greenwich Village, currently at 25 Carmine Street.
Parker
Re: I Live in Brooklyn, NYC. Perhaps I Can Help Someone
ParkerGambino…..thx soooo much for this record that the marriage was in Our Lady of Pompei n not Mt Carmel!!! It’s a real coincidence that just last month my only surviving uncle n son of Cosimo n Marianna told me he was sure they married in Greenwich Village church! I just haven’t had time to research that n here u are confirming it.
You researchers don’t know how much your help is appreciated.
Joyce
You researchers don’t know how much your help is appreciated.
Joyce
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: I Live in Brooklyn, NYC. Perhaps I Can Help Someone
Happy to help!
Parker
Parker
