Gardella Family from Neirone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Gardella Family from Neirone

Post by Tessa78 »

Soragna records on FamilySearch.org here:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... ,355026-50

Can you provide name and dates?

T.
Jessicalm100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Sep 2021, 18:34

Re: Gardella Family from Neirone

Post by Jessicalm100 »

MaddalenaNYC wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 16:19 I’m a Gardella with family roots in Neirone.
I have reason to believe that my great great grandfather was Antonio Gardella married to Teresa Lagomarsino but the dates you have provided aren’t adding up quite right with m8ne.

My great grandfather was Pietro married to Louisa Biggio.
Pietro was born circa 1850 in Neirone.
Death unknown.
Pietro and Luisa are my greatx3 grandparents. Their son Fred Gardella married Victoria Rosasco and had my great grandma Eva who married Joseph Kuczera and had my grandma Linda
EpicChef
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 19:40

Re: Gardella Family from Neirone

Post by EpicChef »

I also come from the Gardella family, in Neirone. My great-grandparents are Stephen and Celia Gardella. Stephen's parents were Louis and Rosa Garella, and Rosa's mom was Maria Schiappacasse. But this is where it gets confusing, it would appear that there have been instances that a Gardella married another Gardella, so it has made it difficult to trace. Myself, and my immediate family, did take a trip to Neirone, back in about 2006, where we had met some family members. However, our Italian was not the best, but we did have a translator, but I think the connection was still not made, so it was difficult to figure out who was related to who and how.
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 202
Joined: 27 Feb 2012, 02:02
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

Re: Gardella Family from Neirone

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

Jessica. Fred was my great uncle. I sent a PM to you.

Actually two. Fred and Victoria’s marriage certificate is accessible online through the NYC Municipal Archives
I have only recently discovered that Fred was the much younger brother of my grandfather. Fred and Alex(my grandfather) were both born in Michigan. Their sister, Teresa, was born in Italy during a trip home that Pietro and Luigia made.
Teresa, who never married, died in 1946. My grandfather died in 1962. I show Fred as dying in 1964. That is if I have the right Fred.
Post Reply