I just got a correction from my cousin.
He thinks his father (my blood relative) came to Sicily from Turkey, not from Spain which was his mother's family (not my blood relative).
Do DNA tests identify Turkey separately, or is it included in a larger category like Eurasian?
Scandinavian Ancestry
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Scandinavian Ancestry
It varies. Some separate, some include it in Anatolian, some in west Asian. I have Turkish on the Italian side also. I think many Italians/Sicilians probably do as well. Roman Empire at work...darkerhorse wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 19:41 I just got a correction from my cousin.
He thinks his father (my blood relative) came to Sicily from Turkey, not from Spain which was his mother's family (not my blood relative).
Do DNA tests identify Turkey separately, or is it included in a larger category like Eurasian?
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
- joetucciarone
- Elite

- Posts: 498
- Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
- Location: Cocoa, Florida
Re: Scandinavian Ancestry
I thought you guys might enjoy this 1927 article from the Item-Tribune, a New Orleans newspaper - It's about a Sicilian named Asparo Pizzuto who invented a device that keeps film from burning in movie projectors. Maybe he's one of your relatives?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Scandinavian Ancestry
Or, the Ottoman Empire at work.MarcuccioV wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 21:02It varies. Some separate, some include it in Anatolian, some in west Asian. I have Turkish on the Italian side also. I think many Italians/Sicilians probably do as well. Roman Empire at work...darkerhorse wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 19:41 I just got a correction from my cousin.
He thinks his father (my blood relative) came to Sicily from Turkey, not from Spain which was his mother's family (not my blood relative).
Do DNA tests identify Turkey separately, or is it included in a larger category like Eurasian?
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Scandinavian Ancestry
Yes, I suppose it could go either way...
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli