First Name: Nicola
Last Name: Cosciari (?)
Ethnicity: Italian, South
Last Place of Residence: Stefanacone, Catanzaro
Date of Arrival: Dec 06, 1908
Age at Arrival: 28y Gender: M Marital Status:
M
Ship of Travel: Nord America
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0029
Could he be the one?
---------------------------
Hey Esperanza i got the info from my grandmother. and i found the manifest it was:
First Name: Nicola
Last Name: Cossari
Ethnicity: Italian-South
Last Place of Residence: Stefanaconi, Italy
Date of Arrival: Apr 01, 1913
Age at Arrival: 33y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Stampalia
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0014
So he was born in 1880, and arrived in America in 1913
then travelled years later to Argentina where he wrote letters to his wife Rose Barbuto, and family.
Thanks now the puzzle pieces are coming together.
Thank you guys for all your help
daniel01
Here's Giuseppe "Cosciari's" manifest...
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0888%2ETIF[/quote]
Surname: Cossari
Re: Surname: Cossari
Quite frankly, I don't think the pieces are coming together.... and I don't think the 1913 manifest is correct.
AGAIN... the 1913 manifest has him married to a Caterina...
The 1908 manifest is the manifest I located that has him married to Rose...
If you can answer the questions that I asked you on page 1, we may go further....
AGAIN... the 1913 manifest has him married to a Caterina...
The 1908 manifest is the manifest I located that has him married to Rose...
If you can answer the questions that I asked you on page 1, we may go further....
Good luck with your research!! Is someone playing a prank on me?Would you happen to know the name of his parents?? Or any of the children born to Rosa?
Could you ask your grandmother who Nicola Staropoli was? Or any of the Staropoli's...
Can you tell me the name of the person who went looking for him? If he was married, can you name his wife?
Also, this 1908 boat record also tells me that Nicola was also in the USA from 1905 to 1906. There should be another record...

