my relatives were from dragoni. during my review of the italian records, i came across alot of cunti's there. baia latina is just up the road a very short piece.
tommaso
Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
Wow..... New Castle, Pa..... Cunti/Conti..... and Dragoni......
My grandfather was Stefano Cunti ---- changed to Conti. I have many relatives in New Castle.... Conti is a common name throughout Italy, Cunti is a surname in the Dragoni area....... I believe nearly all Cunti's changed to the more pleasant Conti spelling......
My grandfather was Stefano Cunti ---- changed to Conti. I have many relatives in New Castle.... Conti is a common name throughout Italy, Cunti is a surname in the Dragoni area....... I believe nearly all Cunti's changed to the more pleasant Conti spelling......
Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
topper:
i have been researching my family for about 3 years. they came from dragoni which is about just a couple of miles or so from baia latina. they settled in new castle as well. interestingly enough, one of my grandfather's sisters, teresa who was born in 1905, married a frank russo who changed the name to ross. i noticed that your russo family had a son named frank. the age would be about right. two of their sons still live in new castle and are in their early 70's. i wonder if they are your cousins? they are anthony (babe) ross and dickie ross. send me an email at tompriscilla@verizon.net.
tom
i have been researching my family for about 3 years. they came from dragoni which is about just a couple of miles or so from baia latina. they settled in new castle as well. interestingly enough, one of my grandfather's sisters, teresa who was born in 1905, married a frank russo who changed the name to ross. i noticed that your russo family had a son named frank. the age would be about right. two of their sons still live in new castle and are in their early 70's. i wonder if they are your cousins? they are anthony (babe) ross and dickie ross. send me an email at tompriscilla@verizon.net.
tom
Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
Sorry Jim, I dont recall anyone on the family tree with the surname of Picerno. My aunt told me that my grandfather had a sister, Archangeli, that lived in Rochester, Pennsylvania that she remembers as a child going to visit. I dont know what her married name was. Rochester Pennsylvania is in western Pa. about 40 miles northwest of Pittsburgh. I have no further information about her. I know how frustrating it can be when your search reaches a dead end. Dont give up. Someone will come along with the information that you need. Maybe somewhere in the family line we share a common ancestor. If you would like some information about my ancestors I would be more than happy to share it with you. Send me a private message with your email address if you are interested and i will email what i have.....Topper
Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
Hey RJ, maybe we share common ancestors. It would be interesting to find out. If you would like to know my lineeage I would be happy to share with you whatever I have.....Topper
Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
Hi Topper,
I sent you a pm a few days ago regarding Russo/Ross. I'm from New Castle, and my Mom was from Hillsville. I grew up knowing Thomas Ross and his wife Carm, and their sons Thomas V. and Andrews, and their families. Thomas V., b1921, was married to my Mother's sister, so he was my Uncle. Please check you private message inbox for more information. If you have any questions, please reply !!
Patti
I sent you a pm a few days ago regarding Russo/Ross. I'm from New Castle, and my Mom was from Hillsville. I grew up knowing Thomas Ross and his wife Carm, and their sons Thomas V. and Andrews, and their families. Thomas V., b1921, was married to my Mother's sister, so he was my Uncle. Please check you private message inbox for more information. If you have any questions, please reply !!
Patti
-
PaulineJameson
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Aug 2019, 19:05
Re: Antonio Russo and Vincenzino Cunti (Conti) information
My name is Pauline Conty. My Grandfather was from Latina Italy. His name was Francesco Antonio Cunti. Any info Please contact me.
My Grandfather changed his name t Conty. He also has name of Condino
My Grandfather changed his name t Conty. He also has name of Condino

