Finding out about Brusatto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by pink67 »

GREAT FIND VJ!!!!!! :D

sure is the family!
note the name of the daughter Palma.... Parmelina in the 1910 Census...

What a great research!
There is a strange thing, the lst name Brusati (if is not mispelled...) is tipical of a North Italy Area...... :roll:

http://gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera.html

Laura
User avatar
Brusatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 04:36

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by Brusatto »

You are all fantastic! I I should have mentioned that all of the Brusatto's in Utah and Washington state are Joseph's children and a spouse of his son. I have found no others in the U.S. except for Peter's two heading for Castle Gardens. We are Frank 1918-1985, Mary 1921-1997, James 1923-1999, Julia 1926, Joann 1935, Joseph Jr. 1938. We were all born in Salt Lake or Magna, Utah. Joseph married Clara (Claire) Vincelli Farrell on May 20, 1917. Joseph's birthday was July 9, 1896.
I shall keep reading your messsages, organize and proceed with your clues and keep you updated. Thank you all very much. You cannot know how much all of your help means to me.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by vj »

We're so happy we could help :D .
Thank you for the update and we
would really appreciate hearing how
your search turns out.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Valarie
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by Biff83 »

Brusatto,

You'll find a few articles on Frank and James Brusatto which deal with their involvement in Veterans organizations in Colorado at this site..
Utah Digital Newspapers

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
gbrusatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 05:15

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by gbrusatto »

Hi everyone, I'm a Brusatto and am just wondering who everyone is who is looking into my family history. I know quite a bit about the family history and would be interested in hearing any other info I may have missed out on
User avatar
Brusatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 04:36

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by Brusatto »

Hi gbrusatto. If you are part of the Utah Brusattos you know me well. Contact me in Phoenix, Arizona. You have my contact information. If you are another Brusatto, we should arrange to communicate.
User avatar
Brusatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 04:36

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by Brusatto »

On Decembaer 30, 2007 you gave me great help by giving me resources to help locate my father, Ascanio Brusati whom I knew as Joseph Chali Brusatto in Sorbo San Basile, Catanzaro, Calabria. His "adopted" parents were Stefano Celli (aka Rosario in the U.S.) and Francesca Maria Durante. While viewing the LDS film very carefully and thoroughly, I found their marriage certificate, birth certificates for 3 other children, a wealth of information on their families, but absolutely nothing on my father. Their first child, a girl, born in January 1896 was not heard of again in family records, so I assume she died as rumored in the family. If my father was born July 1896 it is unlikely he was born to the Cellis. There is nothing in 1897 or other years. I found one marriage certificate with an official's name of Brusatti, but that is the only reference to that name in several year's records. They are rare in Sorbo San Basile.
I also tried to find any reference to a child of unmarried parents but really did not know what to look for. I saw one birth certificate in his age range with "union naturale".
I have written the archives in Catanzaro and am still waiting for a reply. I have read some input from Joseph Armellino (sp?) from past and present years and he has many years experience in foundling research. If he has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.
Thank you very much. We know much more than we did including correct names. But, I will still be looking for my Dad! Ideas anyone?
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by misbris »

His name is John Armellino and I am sure he would reply to a PM.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by suanj »

in 1920, it is wrote PA abt naturalization of your ancestor

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9287 ... ttosc5.jpg maybe in naturalization record is listed the right birthplace, because Rosario Celli was no the natural father, it is possible that Ascanio was born in some other common, and after the birth "adopted " by Celli family... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Brusatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 04:36

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by Brusatto »

What an interesting find, and thank you for the information. The two items of interest are incorrect. My father came to the U.S. in 1905 with his "adopted" mother (documented) and went to Denver, Colorado. My mother was not an "al", but as shown two columns later was born in New Jersey (documented) although it says New York. All of the other items are correct. Both parents spoke English perfectly. I have to question the attentiveness or prejudices of the interviewer. Your idea that Ascaniio may have been born in another commune is worth investigating. I appreciate your help. Joann
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by suanj »

Joann, abt the adoption.... it is documented in USA? for my experience in similar cases, in Italy never resulted.. always I found families that raised up the children... and in USA they resulting adopted.... I believe that you can send another request to Sorbo San Basile common, saying that BRUSATI Ascanio, born the... (birthdate) unknown parents, came in USA with the family of CELLI Rosario born in Sorbo San Basile the... (birthdate of Rosario)... from this words they can search in "Atti Diversi" folder... and... maybe they can find it... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Brusatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 04:36

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by Brusatto »

Thank you, I shall contact Sorbo San Basile. I do not think my father was every formally "adopted" but as you say was raised from birth by the family. Any ideas on why he may have been given the name Ascanio Brusati? I appreciate your help and I shall keep you informed. Joann
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by suanj »

maybe he knew no natural parents... I believe he was a foundling.. so if the officer of Sorbo San Basile search in ATTI DIVERSI, he could find it... if he no find, probably Ascanio born in another common... I see that in Sorbo San Basile microfilms it are also "Cittadinanze"( citizenship) so if Ascanio born in another common, maybe he must be in Cittadinanze microfilms, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Brusatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 04:36

Re: Finding out about Brusatto

Post by Brusatto »

Many thanks. Joann
Post Reply