Thanks. Yeah, I saw that before. The Census says she came in 1890, but she would have been older, since she was born in 1852. I tried looking at the actual manifest since ancestry.com has free immigration records this weekend, but I can't find Felicia Ricca on it. Since I couldn't find Gennaro Marino in the 1910 Census, I figured he must have passed away between 1905 and 1910. I also can't find Felicia Marino there either, but she shows up again in 1920 living with her son Giovanni and his family. She must have passed away between 1920 and 1930 though since she isn't living with them in the 1930 Census. I think this might be his. The age matches up with the census, but I'm not sure he was still going by Gennaro since his name was different in the Census. http://italiangen.org/NYCDeathresults.a ... &B1=Submit
The age on this death certificate matches up with Felicia's age, but the name on the death certificate is Felice. I'm not sure why that would be. They did live in Manhattan at that time though. http://italiangen.org/NYCDeathresults.a ... &B1=Submit
I can't seem to find Maria Briscione Forlenza though. The records are in the NYC Municipal Archives. I'll have to visit there sometime to look at them.
The 1900 Census says March 1842 as her birth year and month. She should be about 77 at that time. 61 isn't too far off, but I don't think she'd be living in Kings County because her husband died in 1918 in Richmond County.
I went to look through some family papers. The name Ricca appears but not Forlenza or Marino. Of course these papers are circa 1920-40 so Antonio and Maria would no longer be alive. Have you come across the surnames Siani or Cantore in your search? These are relatives also.
I also found some records for Jennie's brothers. Do you have them?
I love helping people with research, but it is even more fun when it is my own family.
Thanks. No, I haven't come across those names in my search. I have a few records of Jennie's brothers like Nunziato's passport, but not too much. I only have what I found on ancestry.com a couple weeks ago.
No, I missed the Briscione when I first looked at it. Wow, that is surprising. I wish I knew where these Forlenza's fit into the family tree. One of them could be Antonio's father.