Rgaetano, in 1920, he was 27 years of age and living in Cameron County, Pennsylvania. We have a copy of his marriage certificate from same county and we have also received a "No Naturalization" letter from the Prothonatory at the Camden County Courthouse.
He died at the age of 33 in New York State two years after he left the state of Pennsylvania and we have a copy of his Obituary notice from Niagara Falls. I don't think Census data will be too important. I just need proof from New York State that he did not naturalize during the two years he lived there prior to his sudden death. I'm thinking at this point that we may not even need to go the "Federal" route.
Any thoughts?
Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
Re: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
I would still recommend getting a certified copy of the 1920 federal census showing that he is listed as "alien" status. While you might not need it, it only strengthens your argument and lowers the consulate's doubt. Since the more the better, it might be the "convincing" document on top of all the other negative proof and help you avoid any hold ups.
With that said, you won't be applying in NY, so maybe it's nothing to worry about. But if I were you I would be safe and just get it, since it should be pretty easy to get and only cost 15$ for a certified copy.
Since you will need his death certificate from niagara falls, you might as well start there for naturalization records (as in county clerk).
With that said, you won't be applying in NY, so maybe it's nothing to worry about. But if I were you I would be safe and just get it, since it should be pretty easy to get and only cost 15$ for a certified copy.
Since you will need his death certificate from niagara falls, you might as well start there for naturalization records (as in county clerk).

