Vendittozzi Surname
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Gosh! (I know I keep saying that, but all this info feels like winning the lottery!)I just returned and read through all the replies. You are all amazing! The ship's manifest was incorrect, My grandmother was just 15 or 16 when she came and she was unmarried. Family lore was that someone -- friend or relative -- arranged the marriage between her and my grandfather after she arrived in Hartford, Ct. My grandfather was was some years older than my grandmother. I knew nothing about my grandmother's brother who, it appears from all these findings, paid her way and sponsored her. So that would mean that an Antonio Starace would have come through Ellis Island before my grandmother?
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Korkyv,
I've edited my manifest post on Anna Starace. Upon rechecking the image, her age is shown as 17, not 21. Take a look.
Apologies to all for a really careless error.
I've edited my manifest post on Anna Starace. Upon rechecking the image, her age is shown as 17, not 21. Take a look.
Apologies to all for a really careless error.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Yes, but we haven't located his ship manifest yet or a census for him. Their fathers name was Michele I think.
As for John, there was a Jennie born before John and she most likely died around 1927 so they named the next child Jennie. You need to confirm this with documentation (see the 1920 link I posted).
Biff..careless no, human, yes. We all make errors, thats why we have each other, right?
As for John, there was a Jennie born before John and she most likely died around 1927 so they named the next child Jennie. You need to confirm this with documentation (see the 1920 link I posted).
Biff..careless no, human, yes. We all make errors, thats why we have each other, right?
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Found this possible 1905 manifest
Francesco Antonio or Antonio Francesco Starace
Age 23
Last residence Stigliano
Destination NYC to join brother Giuseppe
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2413030845
This possible WWI Draft Card
Tony Staracey
14 John St, Hartford CT
Date of birth--10 April 1882
Place of birth--Italy
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1647 ... wwibf0.jpg
And this one for a Joseph Starace
388 Trumball St, Hartford CT
Date of birth--30 Sep 1886
Place of birth--Stigliano
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7221 ... wwitc3.jpg
Francesco Antonio or Antonio Francesco Starace
Age 23
Last residence Stigliano
Destination NYC to join brother Giuseppe
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2413030845
This possible WWI Draft Card
Tony Staracey
14 John St, Hartford CT
Date of birth--10 April 1882
Place of birth--Italy
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1647 ... wwibf0.jpg
And this one for a Joseph Starace
388 Trumball St, Hartford CT
Date of birth--30 Sep 1886
Place of birth--Stigliano
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7221 ... wwitc3.jpg
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"



