How to find relatives of emigrated.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
flavescens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 18:25

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by flavescens »

I have tried to sent the fax again, but It rings free and the fax doesn't sent. I believe that the fax number is wrong.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by vj »

vj wrote:May also want to look for current relatives in Santa Rosa

Giuseppe Biagi’s son Joseph’s wife?
Died in Sonoma County:

BIAGI JOSEPHINE
02/15/1905
Father’s surname: BARTOLMEI
Mother’s maiden name: BELLOTTI
Born in: CALIFORNIA
Death County: SONOMA
Death: 06/01/1996
SS #: 555-03-1568
Age: 91 yrs

Died in Santa Rosa:

Name: Josephine Biagi
SSN: 555-03-1568
Last Residence:
Santa Rosa, Sonoma, California
95401

Born: 15 Feb 1905 Died: 1 Jun 1996
State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951)

Obituary
Press Democrat, The (Santa Rosa, CA) - June 8, 1996
Deceased Name: JOSEPHINE BIAGI
Josephine Biagi, a native of Sonoma County who lived all her life in the ''Little Italy'' area of west Santa Rosa, died June 1 at a Santa Rosa hospital following a short illness. She was 91.

Biagi, who was born Josephine Bellotti, was one of eight children. She lived in three houses during her 91 years, all of them in the area west of Wilson Street where many of the Italian immigrant families settled in the late 1800's and the early part of this century.

''She never left what was once known as Little Italy. It was her home,'' said son-in-law Norman Bates of Santa Rosa.

Biagi, a homemaker, worked for 40 years at Exchange Linen Service in Santa Rosa. She was a devoted mother and grandmother, remembered for her caring ways and love of flower gardening.

She retired from Exchange Linen Service in 1967 when her husband, Joseph Biagi, died. He worked for many years as a janitor at the Exchange Bank in Santa Rosa.

She is survived by her daughter, Josephine Bates of Santa Rosa; brother, Nello Bellotti of El Sobrante; and by four grandchildren and one great-granddaughter.

Services will begin at 9:30 a.m. today at Lafferty & Smith Colonial Chapel and then continue to St. Eugene's Cathedral, where a funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Entombment will follow.

The family suggests memorial contributions to a favorite charity.
Copyright (c) 1996 The Press Democrat (Santa Rosa, CA)
Have you looked for Josephine & Norman Bates in Santa Rosa?
They should be Giuseppe Biagi's granddaughter & her husband.
Valarie
User avatar
flavescens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 18:25

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by flavescens »

[quote="vj] Have you looked for Josephine & Norman Bates in Santa Rosa?
They should be Giuseppe Biagi's granddaughter & her husband.
Valarie[/quote]

Yes, I looked for.
Josephine Bates in Santa Rosa= 0 person
Josephine Bates in California= 17 person
Norman Bates in California= 37 person
There are too much Josephine.
User avatar
flavescens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 18:25

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by flavescens »

I have a question for the residents in USA:
if I have the SSN, can I know if the person has relatives?
example:
http://www.ssnrecords.org/index.php?rec ... path=index
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by vj »

flavescens wrote:[quote="vj] Have you looked for Josephine & Norman Bates in Santa Rosa?
They should be Giuseppe Biagi's granddaughter & her husband.
Valarie
Yes, I looked for.
Josephine Bates in Santa Rosa= 0 person
Josephine Bates in California= 17 person
Norman Bates in California= 37 person
There are too much Josephine.[/quote]

There is one Norman L Bates in Santa Rosa
I sent you a PM with address & phone #
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by vj »

flavescens wrote:I have a question for the residents in USA:
if I have the SSN, can I know if the person has relatives?
example:
http://www.ssnrecords.org/index.php?rec ... path=index
If you order their Social Security Application ($29)
It will have their parent's names
Valarie
User avatar
flavescens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 18:25

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by flavescens »

vj wrote:
flavescens wrote:I have a question for the residents in USA:
if I have the SSN, can I know if the person has relatives?
example:
http://www.ssnrecords.org/index.php?rec ... path=index
If you order their Social Security Application ($29)
It will have their parent's names
Valarie
Tank you.
User avatar
flavescens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 18:25

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by flavescens »

Cheryl BIAGI has contacted me! :D :D :D :D
She is my relative! :D :D :D
I have to thank this forum and all those people who have helped me.

I will hold you informed.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by suanj »

finally, good new! Gratulations!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by vj »

That is wonderful news!
Congratulations :D
Valarie
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: How to find relatives of emigrated.

Post by misbris »

I am so happy for you. :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year!
Post Reply