Can anyone here read french
-
EllenCatusco
- Elite

- Posts: 259
- Joined: 27 May 2018, 20:15
- Location: New Jersey
Re: Can anyone here read french
Very interesting...What is the picture..I went through some of the book and I see many individuals had seals or crest. does this one represent the whole family? I see 1 was a watch maker very cool. thank you .
Re: Can anyone here read french
Death record for Anne Marie Nizet in Liege #894
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2138505
Dated April 18, 1869 at 11 in the morning-
Anne Marie Nizet died on the 17th in Liege, where she was living on Rue du Jardin Botanique #33, but she had been born in Verviers, Province of Liege, on Nov 10, 1791 (the record reads 1891 which we know is a mistake). She was the widow of David Eugene Aime Ymer (notice the spelling of the surname in this record), wife of Jacques Joseph Michel Modave, court clerk, and daughter of Nicolas Joseph Nizet and Anne Marie Lince (acute accent should be over the e in Lince), deceased.
Declaration was made by Francois Coudet, age 58, a merchant, and Auguste (surname?), age 21, a student, living in this town, who signed the document.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2138505
Dated April 18, 1869 at 11 in the morning-
Anne Marie Nizet died on the 17th in Liege, where she was living on Rue du Jardin Botanique #33, but she had been born in Verviers, Province of Liege, on Nov 10, 1791 (the record reads 1891 which we know is a mistake). She was the widow of David Eugene Aime Ymer (notice the spelling of the surname in this record), wife of Jacques Joseph Michel Modave, court clerk, and daughter of Nicolas Joseph Nizet and Anne Marie Lince (acute accent should be over the e in Lince), deceased.
Declaration was made by Francois Coudet, age 58, a merchant, and Auguste (surname?), age 21, a student, living in this town, who signed the document.
Re: Can anyone here read french
https://www.bourgeoisie-neuveville.ch/i ... /familles/EllenCatusco wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 20:01...What is the picture..I went through some of the book and I see many individuals had seals or crest. does this one represent the whole family? ...
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Can anyone here read french
There's a photo of your Samuel Imer at the link below-plus family history
http://www.bernergeschlechter.ch/humo-g ... on=I152301
http://www.bernergeschlechter.ch/humo-g ... on=I184657
info about bio about him below:
http://www.hls-dhs-dss.ch/textes/f/F17672.php
No 8
Imer, Samuel
5.3.1749 à Courtelary, 1828 à Grenzach (Bade), prot., de La Neuveville. Fils de David ( -> 3). Frère de David ( -> 4) et de Jean-François ( -> 7). ∞ 1) 1777 Marie-Rose Carrel, fille de Pierre-David, maire de Diesse, 2) 1819 Anne-Barbe Kuntz. Docteur en droit. Membre du Petit Conseil de La Neuveville. En 1777, I. succède à son père comme châtelain de La Neuveville. En 1783, il remplace son frère David à la seigneurie d'Erguël, dont il est dernier grand bailli jusqu'en 1797. Conseiller aulique en 1783. Les menées révolutionnaires qui secouent le vallon de Saint-Imier depuis 1790 le poussent à quitter Courtelary à la fin de 1792. I. s'établit à Perles dans le Bas-Erguël où, par rescrit du 1er décembre 1792, le prince-évêque François Joseph Sigismond de Roggenbach institue un Conseil de régence de trois membres, chargé de suivre les affaires de l'Erguël. En décembre 1797, il est arrêté et mis aux arrêts domiciliaires lors de l'invasion du sud de l'évêché par les troupes françaises. Dans une longue lettre de 1801, il fait le récit de ces événements. Il se retire aux Pontins (comm. Saint-Imier), puis à Grenzach, près de Bâle. En 1814, il est nommé administrateur pour l'Erguël, La Neuveville et la Montagne de Diesse par le baron Conrad Charles Frédéric d'Andlau, gouverneur général de la principauté de Porrentruy. Sa mission consiste à remettre en place l'ancienne administration politique et judiciaire. I. milite pour la restauration de l'évêché de Bâle, puis, celle-ci s'avérant impossible, pour le rattachement du pays au canton de Berne. Député au Grand Conseil bernois en 1816-1817.
Oeuvres
– J.R. Suratteau, éd., «Récit inédit des événements de décembre 1797 et mars 1798», in Actes SJE, 1963, 83-100
Fonds d'archives
– ABourg La Neuveville
Bibliographie
– Ch. Simon, «La République en Erguël (1792-1793)», in Actes SJE, 1906, 1-23
– Ch. Simon, «Actes de l'Assemblée nationale d'Erguël (1792-1793)», in Actes SJE, 1906, 25-114
– M. Jorio, Der Untergang des Fürstbistums Basel, 1983, 249-251
Auteur(e): André Imer
http://www.bernergeschlechter.ch/humo-g ... on=I152301
http://www.bernergeschlechter.ch/humo-g ... on=I184657
info about bio about him below:
http://www.hls-dhs-dss.ch/textes/f/F17672.php
No 8
Imer, Samuel
5.3.1749 à Courtelary, 1828 à Grenzach (Bade), prot., de La Neuveville. Fils de David ( -> 3). Frère de David ( -> 4) et de Jean-François ( -> 7). ∞ 1) 1777 Marie-Rose Carrel, fille de Pierre-David, maire de Diesse, 2) 1819 Anne-Barbe Kuntz. Docteur en droit. Membre du Petit Conseil de La Neuveville. En 1777, I. succède à son père comme châtelain de La Neuveville. En 1783, il remplace son frère David à la seigneurie d'Erguël, dont il est dernier grand bailli jusqu'en 1797. Conseiller aulique en 1783. Les menées révolutionnaires qui secouent le vallon de Saint-Imier depuis 1790 le poussent à quitter Courtelary à la fin de 1792. I. s'établit à Perles dans le Bas-Erguël où, par rescrit du 1er décembre 1792, le prince-évêque François Joseph Sigismond de Roggenbach institue un Conseil de régence de trois membres, chargé de suivre les affaires de l'Erguël. En décembre 1797, il est arrêté et mis aux arrêts domiciliaires lors de l'invasion du sud de l'évêché par les troupes françaises. Dans une longue lettre de 1801, il fait le récit de ces événements. Il se retire aux Pontins (comm. Saint-Imier), puis à Grenzach, près de Bâle. En 1814, il est nommé administrateur pour l'Erguël, La Neuveville et la Montagne de Diesse par le baron Conrad Charles Frédéric d'Andlau, gouverneur général de la principauté de Porrentruy. Sa mission consiste à remettre en place l'ancienne administration politique et judiciaire. I. milite pour la restauration de l'évêché de Bâle, puis, celle-ci s'avérant impossible, pour le rattachement du pays au canton de Berne. Député au Grand Conseil bernois en 1816-1817.
Oeuvres
– J.R. Suratteau, éd., «Récit inédit des événements de décembre 1797 et mars 1798», in Actes SJE, 1963, 83-100
Fonds d'archives
– ABourg La Neuveville
Bibliographie
– Ch. Simon, «La République en Erguël (1792-1793)», in Actes SJE, 1906, 1-23
– Ch. Simon, «Actes de l'Assemblée nationale d'Erguël (1792-1793)», in Actes SJE, 1906, 25-114
– M. Jorio, Der Untergang des Fürstbistums Basel, 1983, 249-251
Auteur(e): André Imer
-
EllenCatusco
- Elite

- Posts: 259
- Joined: 27 May 2018, 20:15
- Location: New Jersey
Re: Can anyone here read french
Oh my I can't believe I get to see Samuel. I don't know about anyone else. But I feel so close to every name I get. And Samuel and I share a birthday...I feel bad that they didn't list little Eugene Aime. He was the one that died at 3 days old. Well we won't forget him..
Re: Can anyone here read french
Death of Eugene Aime Sebastien Imer today, Wednesday March 23, 1808 at 7 in the morning, at age 3 days. He was the son of David Eugene Aime Imer, a merchant born in Neuveville, and Marie Anne Nizet, born in Verviers, not married, both living in this town. Declarants were Henri Michel Joseph Franquinet, age 32, and Jean Theodore Hubau, age 22, living in this town, neighbors of the deceased infant.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2138505
Birth of Adelaide Rosalie Marie Jmer/Imer today, Friday, Feb 17, 1809, at 4 in the morning. Daughter of David Eugene Aime Imer, a merchant, born in Neuveville, and Anne Marie Nizet, born in Verviers, a married couple living in this town (Verviers). Witnesses were Nicolas Nizet, age 21, and Jean Theodore Hubau, 22, both living in Verviers. The father of the infant made the declaration of the birth.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2138505
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2138505
Birth of Adelaide Rosalie Marie Jmer/Imer today, Friday, Feb 17, 1809, at 4 in the morning. Daughter of David Eugene Aime Imer, a merchant, born in Neuveville, and Anne Marie Nizet, born in Verviers, a married couple living in this town (Verviers). Witnesses were Nicolas Nizet, age 21, and Jean Theodore Hubau, 22, both living in Verviers. The father of the infant made the declaration of the birth.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2138505
-
EllenCatusco
- Elite

- Posts: 259
- Joined: 27 May 2018, 20:15
- Location: New Jersey
Re: Can anyone here read french
Thank You for the translation. Oh erudita74, did you notice George Modave's name in a few certs..He was Anne Marie's second husband. I think it is so nice that he became their father after Davids death. Even after Anne Marie's death. He is listed on Carolines wedding, and birth of her child..I'm glad she picked so well in a second husband..just thinking..lol
Re: Can anyone here read french
Hi Ellen
You're very welcome. Yes, it is nice that George remained close with his step children after their mother Anne Marie's death, and that studying the content of the records so closely, allowed you to come to this conclusion. These records really do tell us a lot more than just names and dates, if we allow them to do so. I'm glad you're a seasoned researcher who understands this.
I'll probably PM you sometime tomorrow to update you on what I researched earlier today. Unfortunately, nothing good to report.
Erudita
You're very welcome. Yes, it is nice that George remained close with his step children after their mother Anne Marie's death, and that studying the content of the records so closely, allowed you to come to this conclusion. These records really do tell us a lot more than just names and dates, if we allow them to do so. I'm glad you're a seasoned researcher who understands this.
I'll probably PM you sometime tomorrow to update you on what I researched earlier today. Unfortunately, nothing good to report.
Erudita
