Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
I forgot to mentioned I wrote on Sept. 3, 2009 to the Comune di Lipari Messina, Italy address you gave me and I did receive a reply with the information on the birth date of my great grandfather Luigi D'Ambra and his parents. They wrote the reply on May 20, 2010. and I recieved in June 2010.
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
smurray wrote:Thanks Ischia - yes, that is my father, Dominic. Where can I find these public records that you found? Also, Vito was his brother and if Myrtie was found with him in Brookhaven then that is my aunt. I guess that is her given name = we call her Betty. Isn't that strange about not being able to find the rest of the family in earlier census records. My dad had siblings born starting in 1912 so I don't really know where they were before that. I need to find that out. I always assumed they lived in Delaware County. Anyway, thanks for the information.
-
mourningrainz
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Jun 2011, 23:27
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Hello
I'm a D'Ambra from Rhode Island
My great grandfathers name was michelle D'Ambra from d'Ischia
Are we related
and if so can you help me find out when they immagrated to the USA
Thank you
Jami D'Ambra Martins
I'm a D'Ambra from Rhode Island
My great grandfathers name was michelle D'Ambra from d'Ischia
Are we related
and if so can you help me find out when they immagrated to the USA
Thank you
Jami D'Ambra Martins
-
CastaldiFamily
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Aug 2012, 06:50
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Hi Everyone! I realize this post started a couple of years ago, but when I was Googling my family name, this site came up. My great-grandfather immigrated from Ischia to the US in the early 1920's. His name was Leonardo Castaldi, and he had an older brother in Ocean City, NJ named Giovanni Castaldi. Each brother married and had several children. Unfortunately, the brothers clashed and my great-grandfather changed his family name to Costello. My great-grandmother's name was Guiseppa. They had 9 children: Leonardo, John, Joseph, Francis "Frank" (my grandfather), Mary, Corrina "Kay," and two other aunts that I don't recall the names of.
I would like to know more about my family since my father was not raised by his biological father (Frank Costello.) If anyone has any information in regards to the family or where they're from in Ischia, I would love to hear it! Thank you
Emily
I would like to know more about my family since my father was not raised by his biological father (Frank Costello.) If anyone has any information in regards to the family or where they're from in Ischia, I would love to hear it! Thank you
Emily
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofws ... earch.html
all requests in Italy are free for documents save for a few which are billed.
all requests in Italy are free for documents save for a few which are billed.
~Peter~
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Peter!
Welcome back
.
Emily,
If you would like to start your own post about your family, we would would be happy to help you with your research.
It helps to keep your family separate from the original poster's family.
Valarie
Welcome back
Emily,
If you would like to start your own post about your family, we would would be happy to help you with your research.
It helps to keep your family separate from the original poster's family.
Valarie
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
8 years after, let's go !
It's look like there is lot of Castaldi and D'Ambra in Forio. At first i believed we were close cousins since i have a Firma Maria D'Ambra in my tree but she is born in 1827 in Forio instead of 1878 like your Maria D'Ambra. Funny stuff, she married a Castaldi in Forio in 1957, Nicola Vito born in 1829.
They had 8 children and then they moved to French Algeria in 1960, until Algeria War in 1962, my grand mother Louise Castaldi is now in France.
The oldest Castaldi i can found was Natale Castaldi born in 1740 and married to Prima Verde in Forio in 1763.
I still believe we can be distant cousins
It's look like there is lot of Castaldi and D'Ambra in Forio. At first i believed we were close cousins since i have a Firma Maria D'Ambra in my tree but she is born in 1827 in Forio instead of 1878 like your Maria D'Ambra. Funny stuff, she married a Castaldi in Forio in 1957, Nicola Vito born in 1829.
They had 8 children and then they moved to French Algeria in 1960, until Algeria War in 1962, my grand mother Louise Castaldi is now in France.
The oldest Castaldi i can found was Natale Castaldi born in 1740 and married to Prima Verde in Forio in 1763.
I still believe we can be distant cousins