name changes

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Josie Stuarts
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Feb 2017, 02:08

Re: name changes

Post by Josie Stuarts »

Mariella was my father, Charlie Porto’s sister. She was married to Anthony Rich but that’s as far back as I can go. I don’t know what Anthony’s parents names are or their name before it was changed. Mariella’s parents were Clara and Francesco Porto both born in Italy. She was a Masasi but I’m unsure of the correct spelling of that name. My grandmother Clara came to ny with two brothers. I know of one other brother of my grandfather who settled in Glasco. His name was John. Not sure if there were other brothers. Who is your father, John, Michael, or Tony?
Post Reply