Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

http://www.familysearch.org/ (info may be out of date) to check out locations... only one center comes up

FHC (across the Science Center)
24 Ferrand Drive
North York, Toronto County, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 416-422-5480
Hours: M,T,W, F 9:30am-4pm; Th,Sat 9:30am-12pm; T,W,Th 6:30pm-9:30pm
Attention: Must make an appointment in advance. Phone 416-422-5480 ext 111

Peter (English accent) is a volunteer there... and always helpful. Please do call this location and see if there are other FHC in Toronto...

--------------
Looks like we've lost 2 FHC's (Family History Centers) since I last checked.
--------------
You could call the reference Library at Yonge and Bloor... film can be ordered there. Get in touch with someone from the "Special Collections Dept."

http://www.tpl.toronto.on.ca/hou_az_trl.jsp

789 Yonge St.
Toronto ON
M4W 2G8
416-393-7000

-------------
I just spoke to someone from the big North York Library. He told me that the only library in our city that will carry FHC film is the Reference Library mentioned above. Wow... you'd think there would be more locations in a big city like Toronto.
-------------
Well... the Reference Library near Yonge & Bloor is your best choice... a easy place to get to from the subway.
------------
Let me know how this works out.

Maria :P

further... as far as I know... you can't order film by phone... you order in person at the library... pay in advance... then wait... they will call you when the film arrives.

Which town are you going to research first?
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

Help! I found a cousin in Italy, and I have his fax number. His brother has email but he doesn't know what it is. He has asked me to fax what I need over to me and he will reply, then we were cut off.

Can someone help me write a simple letter?

I would like to say something like:

Dear Cousin,
Happy New Year and hope you and your family are well. I am looking for some information about our grandparents and hope you might help. If you can send me your brothers email address or email me at-----------then I can send you my request.
Give my best to everyone!
Your Cousin,



Can anyone one this forum help with this please? Thanks!
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Ok... I'll give it a shot...

So......... if anyone can correct this ... go for it...
---------------------------------------------------
Caro cugino,

Felice Anno Nuovo!

Spero che la tua famiglia stai bene.

Sto cercando alcune informazione del nostri nonni e spero che può aiutare.

Potete trasmettermi un email indirizzo di tuo fratello?

O email me -allor'all'posso trasmettervi la mia richiesta.

Le invio i miei piu' sinceri e cordiali saluti a tutti!

Tua Cugina,

---------------------------------------------

mfjp :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

Thanks..Much better then I would have done (unless of course you count Calabrese.) Iam capable of butchering the written as well as the speech!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

As for speaking Calabrese... ever listen to Pasquale and Rosina? A must have CD is Pistola 101...

mfjp
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

There is a 1910 census for John Polito although I can't find it. It's Seguendo, Las Animas, Colorado on Apr 25, 1910 page 131A....Does anyone know what that means? Can anyone find it for me, please?

Fax off to Italy...thanks Maria. With any luck I will have some information on the Angillettas and the Fudas soon!!!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Was this an Ancestry .com search??

I can't find it either, though the search was short.... I would need exact spelling of everything...

There are just too many subdivisions...

Is there any other info you can provide... Precinct # etc... year of birth they have for him...

Is it Segundo... or Seguendo (spelling seems to be correct too)?

maria
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

I'm not sure of the spelling. Someone I located in Arizona sent me his notes on the Macchiones and the 1910 census was listed with both Vincenza and John on it. I just emailed him to see if he has a copy and where he got it. Although he lists it as Segundo Precinct. Year of birth is the same as I have (but he could have gotten that from me)1885...

Also, I read somewhere that if someone died prior to 1963, then they would not have a SSN listing...do you know if there is any truth to that?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

Maria,
I sent you a private message.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

I'm trying to view this manifest, and as usual, its someone else's. Can you look this up for me and link it, please? I can never use the stevemorse site properly!



First Name: Domenico
Last Name: Fuda
Ethnicity: Italian, S. Italian
Last Place of Residence: Ardore
Date of Arrival: Aug 22, 1906
Age at Arrival: 29y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Madonna
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0009

Thank you!

Nuccia
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Hi!

Found the manifest... saved it as a jpeg file... problem is... imageshack isn't loading... or hasn't loaded for a bit this evening...

There's another site that works like imageshack.... just can't remember...

Will check to see if it is running soon...

mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

If using Steve Morse's site, it is best to use Firefox internet browser... it's so much faster than Safari or Explorer...


Here's the manifest of Domenico Fuda

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3685/fuda3oa.jpg

mfjp
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

Well, after almost four months of searching for John Polito and still waiting for a reply from Colorado, I have located John's great newphew. He was able to confirm John's death to be prior to 1954. It appears John died in a powerline accident while helping to move a house.

He will be providing me with more information once he speaks to the rest of his family and gets the details some time today.

I just wanted to share this with you all! Thanks for your help...especially you Maria! I owe you lunch for sure and no kid's meals either!!

Nuccia :D :D :D :D :D :D
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Thank you! :P well ok... I shall look forward to a Happy Meal instead... and a Sling...

Glad that you've done well with your research too.... nice to see you help others at the forum... we all win...

:P maria
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by vj »

Nuccia & Maria,
In case you're still having trouble locating John POLITO's 1910 US Census.
It's on Ancestry and Heritage Quest under John PALETO
Precinct 14, Las Animas, Colorado

John PALETO Head 30 years old
M1 (check rest of page most everyone was just M, was he married twice)
Married 6 years
Born Italy
Year of Immigration 1905, AL
Speaks Italian (not English)
Laborer- Coke Ovens
Rents - House

_enice Wife (with hard to read notation) 25 years old
M1
Married 6 years
0 Children Born
Born Italy
Year of Immigration 1905
Speaks Italian (not English)

Boarders:
Pete Necaritto? 38yrs
Paulito? Gastral? Gabral? 40yrs

I hope this helps,
Valarie
Post Reply