If you've followed this thread since the beginning, you will remember that my grandfather was rumored to be the son of a priest. It eventually occured to me that it shouldn't be too difficult to find the name(s) of who was preaching in Casacalenda in mid-1896 ?
I assume there was typically one priest assigned to a Church ? A realtively easy search returned 2 Churches in Casacalenda. The most probable (closest to my grandfather's recorded address) would be the Chiesa di Maria SS. del Carmine. Another possibility (though less likely) would be the Chiesa dell'Addolorata or the Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore (same Church? similar locations...).
If someone with access to Casacalenda Church records could provide the name(s) of the priest(s) active during the summer of 1896, then I could try & confirm a possible match via genetic searches (I have confirmed lineage in the past using this method).
Worth a shot. I've already learned an enormous amount of valuable family-related information thanks to the generous collaboration from people on this site - THANKS AGAIN! Thought I'd try and go find that remaining, final piece to our family puzzle...
