Hello Everyone!
New to posting on the forum, but have been an avid reader for some time as I am trying to figure out my eligibility for Jure Sanguinis, and have still found myself in need of some help.
I have 2 lines to go through and both I think I may be in trouble on, but am turning to you all for some additional guidance.
1) My Mother's Father
My Grandfather (my mother's, father) was born in Italy in 1925 and immigrated to the US around 1928 with his parents. His father naturalized in 1939, when my GF was only 14, which I know would revoke his Italian citizenship, since he was still a minor. BUT, his mother, did not naturalize until 1945, when my GF was 20 years old. I am hoping that I may still have an avenue there and admittedly do not fully understand the 1948 rule or if that even applies here, but that is my situation.
2) My Mother's Mother
My Grandmother (my mother's, mother), was born in New York in 1933. Her father naturalized in 1929, before she was born, which I know would have revoked her Italian citizenship rights, BUT her mother did not naturalize until 1940, 7 years after she was born. So again, the question is if my GGM naturalizing after my GM's birth would provide an avenue for Jure Sanguinis.
In both cases, my GGF naturalized either while my GF was a minor or before my GM was born, BUT my GGM on both sides appear to be within the bounds of the law, but again I am coming to you all for some guidance.
I thank you all in advance for the help as I try to remain optimistic with the outcome.
Grazie Tante
