Hi all!
I'm currently at a loss as to how to find a marriage act from my italian ancestor.
So I've decided to try something else.
Considering that my great grandfather is italian, I'm thinking that maybe some of the descendants from his other sons may have obtained italian citizenship by his ancestral line.
Is there a way to ask the italian authorities (local to Argentina or otherwise) if my ancestor is already registered as someone else's ancestor?
It would solve a ton of problems, even if i can't reuse any acts and have to request them again. At least I'll know they exists or maybe track down such descendants and ask them.
What do you think?
Is it possible?
Find out if someone used my ancestor's data
Re: Find out if someone used my ancestor's data
I don't think it works that way. Both of my GGPs were from Italy, they had 9 kids and several had offspring, thus a big family with many ancestors who can claim them as the path to citizenship. I don't know if or how many have or are in the process as I'm not close to them or know many at all.
It's plausible that I'm the only one who is bothering or should I say the first, as nobody has contacted me even after listing my GGP's names and location on this public forum along with that, Genealogy sites would have made me aware of many, but that is not the case.
I don't think there is a log book at your local Consulate, that is a database that allows you to see others information, even if they are relatives.
It's plausible that I'm the only one who is bothering or should I say the first, as nobody has contacted me even after listing my GGP's names and location on this public forum along with that, Genealogy sites would have made me aware of many, but that is not the case.
I don't think there is a log book at your local Consulate, that is a database that allows you to see others information, even if they are relatives.
Re: Find out if someone used my ancestor's data
Yeha, you're right.
Specially since, some else would have contacted me.
I'm just stuck because I can't find any info about my GGPs marriage in Argentina. Civil registration searches come out negative. And so far no churches have what I need.
I thought that maybe someone else from my extended family would have had the same problems and maybe solved them, but in the end you're right
Specially since, some else would have contacted me.
I'm just stuck because I can't find any info about my GGPs marriage in Argentina. Civil registration searches come out negative. And so far no churches have what I need.
I thought that maybe someone else from my extended family would have had the same problems and maybe solved them, but in the end you're right
Re: Find out if someone used my ancestor's data
So you did extensive searching via your local Argentinian consulate and they came back with no record found?
Re: Find out if someone used my ancestor's data
Hmm no, our local consulate is a bit hard to reach at the moment.
I've have searched by myself on both churches and civil registration offices to no avail.
I have my GGPs italian birth records and everything from his son down to me, except for the marriage act of my GGPs. And without that I don't think i could start the process in the consulate
I've have searched by myself on both churches and civil registration offices to no avail.
I have my GGPs italian birth records and everything from his son down to me, except for the marriage act of my GGPs. And without that I don't think i could start the process in the consulate
Re: Find out if someone used my ancestor's data
I see, well the London consulate list this:
https://clond.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/onl ... rtificates
I'm sure it's the same around the world at other consulates, but I have no experience in this as all of my GGP's records were in Italy and the US.
https://clond.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/onl ... rtificates
I'm sure it's the same around the world at other consulates, but I have no experience in this as all of my GGP's records were in Italy and the US.

