Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
Hi guys, I've been having difficulties in obtaining a few documents. My ICA representative said worst case scenario we can omit one or more death certificates. I know she's the expert in all this, but I wanted to reach out here too - Has anyone had success in their 1948 case with a death certificate omitted from their application?
Re: Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
Fortunately, I had no issues locating death certs and I actually pulled these prior to retaining ICA. ICA is quite through in doing searches and providing solutions to solve most anything. What state and county did your ancestors live in?
Re: Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
My ancestors moved around a lot - I'm in the process of sending vital records requests to several states in the Southern US after getting a letter of no record in Florida. I'm hopeful that we can find everything.
Re: Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
I see, I'm guessing you tried VitalChek?JTSD20 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 20:23 My ancestors moved around a lot - I'm in the process of sending vital records requests to several states in the Southern US after getting a letter of no record in Florida. I'm hopeful that we can find everything.
https://www.vitalchek.com/order_main.as ... type=DEATH#
Another suggestion, if not already tried. Sign-up for Newspapers.com, they have a free 7-day full access trial. I found many obituaries on that site all over the US for many of my ancestors.
https://www.newspapers.com/
Re: Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
That's a great idea!
I had used Vital Check but now I'm ordering from each State directly. Those extra fees for VitalCheck are adding up.
I had used Vital Check but now I'm ordering from each State directly. Those extra fees for VitalCheck are adding up.
Re: Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
I've had consultations with several lawyers that do not include death certificates in the case file.JTSD20 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 18:18 Has anyone had success in their 1948 case with a death certificate omitted from their application?
My guess is that ICA's approach is to include as many documents as possible to as to leave no room for doubt regarding the petitioner's lineage, which is a good idea in my opinion.
I'm gathering every possible document that I can find to prove my lineage....and getting them all certified and apostilled......I'm not taking any chances.
But I've dealt with a dual citizenship case in another European country......and the only truth is that if someone wants to deny you, they are going to deny you irrespective of the soundness of your case.
Re: Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
Yes definitely a good idea. I'm going to try my hardest to find everything, especially since we are still waiting on other documents I have time.qualdom wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 00:20I've had consultations with several lawyers that do not include death certificates in the case file.JTSD20 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 18:18 Has anyone had success in their 1948 case with a death certificate omitted from their application?
My guess is that ICA's approach is to include as many documents as possible to as to leave no room for doubt regarding the petitioner's lineage, which is a good idea in my opinion.
Re: Death Certificates for 1948 Cases
Good luck! ICA has nearly every document for my case and it helped that I did prior record searches before I retained them as it helped speed up the process. If you have to deal with any small county courthouses searching for documentation, it can be slow especially due to Covid.


