I have a family tree on Ancestry.com that has over 73,000 people on it. Ancestry.com presents hints many different ways which can sometimes lead to adding an unrelated person to a family tree. To my knowledge, Ancestry.com has no quick way to find unrelated persons on a family tree. However, Ancestry.com does allow the FamilyTreemaker software that I have bought and used for years to access, copy, and sync family trees on Ancestry.com. My FamilyTreemaker 2019 version enables users to run many different reports. One of them is called the Kinship Report. For years it was formatted by "type of relationship" in alphabetical order putting all aunts together, all uncles together, all cousins together, all grandparents together, etc..
When I ran a Kinship report and it finished, then within seconds, I could scroll down past the alphabetical listing of all my "Uncles", and view if there were "Unrelated" people listed. If there were, I could then quickly delete them from Family TreeMaker and Ancestry.com.
Recently, FamilyTreemaker changed the format of the Kinship report so that is prints in alphabetical order by "last name" and then gives the type of relationship for each name. Therefore, to find if there are unrelated people and do something about them, instead of finding the problem in seconds as I explained earlier, it would take hours to scroll down and look at each and every one of the over 73,000 names to locate any who are unrelated. This makes that report quite useless to me.
Does anyone know of another method to quickly find unrelated people on a family tree?
