Rosa Pesetto

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
trevisan2
Master
Master

Rosa Pesetto

Post by trevisan2 »

I am looking for the emigration records for Rosa Pesetto as shown on the Birth records of her son James John Carera born 22 June 1905 in Helper, Carbon, Utah.

I would also like to know and verify the parents of Rosa Pesetto.

Charles Mary Carera Born in Partiglione, Torino, Italy
his wife
Rosa Pesetto of Forno di Rivara, Torino, Italy

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Rosa Pesetto

Post by Biff83 »

I'm pretty sure this is her record. Rosa Pescetto. Line 187. Travelling with relative Domenico Pescetto. Image from Ancestry. Ship: The La Champagne. Arrival 12 Mar 1894. Both heading to Castle Gate Utah. Image mislinked on Ellis Island.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... turnRecord

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

That looks like the right person.
I was hoping to see who the last known realitive was in Italy. Is there that page as well.

Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

trevisan2 wrote:That looks like the right person.
I was hoping to see who the last known realitive was in Italy. Is there that page as well.

Trevisan2

The manifest is only a single page and the info about the nearest relative in Italy does not appear. The manifest can also be viewed on the www.stevemorse.org website, under the missing manifest option by putting in the date Feb 12, 1894, then series M237, then roll 623, and frame 728, if the link below does not work:

http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/mm.htm?bac ... morse.org/

Erudita
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

This is amazing. . . there is Missing Pages portion of Ellis Island!! Amazing you found it.

thanks
Trevisan2

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

trevisan2 wrote:This is amazing. . . there is Missing Pages portion of Ellis Island!! Amazing you found it.

thanks
Trevisan2
Even if the manifest is not missing, I have found that you can do so much more with your searches of the Ellis Island records from the stevemorse.org website than you can do through the Ellis Island website itself. I highly recommend searching Ellis Islands through www.stevemorse.org using the first option. You'd be surprised at how many more results you get. You can even search just by putting in a first letter for a first and last name and by also doing a sound search of the town name. I have found many more records through the steve morse website than I have found by searching the Ellis Island website directly.

Erudita