Biviano family ancestors from Gioiosa Marea & Lipari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VotM
Elite
Elite

Re: Biviano family ancestors from Gioiosa Marea & Lipari

Post by VotM »

Forgot to mention... sometimes an index is in chronological order, sometimes it's sorted by first name, and sometimes it's sorted by last name. (And sometimes there's an entry that is written in the opposite name order from all the others!)
Dbiv21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dbiv21 »

Thank you very much, that's helpful. Do you know a lot about Gioiosa Marea. I'm still trying to find out more information about my family there. Biviano and Spinella are the last names. Thanks.

-Dennis
VotM
Elite
Elite

Post by VotM »

I don't really know much about Gioiosa Marea, except that my grandfather, his brother, and a first cousin all came from there. The road map was a byproduct of tracing the family back further.
Dbiv21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dbiv21 »

VotM,

Is there anything you can tell me about modern day Gioiosa Marea and Lipari? I am visiting there soon and hoping to find relatives graves with surnames: Biviano, Spinella, Molica, DeLuca and Accordino....thanks!
VotM
Elite
Elite

Post by VotM »

I've never been to Sicily. At this stage I'm more familiar with Gioiosa Marea's civil records than the area itself... and there's a lot I still need to learn on that front. :oops:

If you come across any graves with the surname "Molica Nardo", I'd welcome any news of what you find!
Latest LDS "road map" post for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea at
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342