mystery-can someone die twice?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

mystery-can someone die twice?

Post by oilman19 »

http://img146.imageshack.us/i/ciacerogi ... h1888.jpg/
http://img29.imageshack.us/i/ciacerogio ... h1916.jpg/

I have what appears to be the death act for Giorgio Ciacero in 1888 and 1916. :?

He has the same parents and the same wife. His age is close enough. I also have the death acts of 2 of Giorgio & Giuseppa's children (1 in 1881 and 1 in 1888).

I wondered if he had been missing and declared dead in 1888 and later re-appeared. However, I would think that a correction would have been issued for the original death act.

Am I missing something?
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: mystery-can someone die twice?

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
The first record is for a male Giorgio and the second record is for a female, Giorgia. I don't believe they are the same person, but possibly are brother and sister who married a brother and sister. In the first record, the spouse was Giuseppa Santoro and in the second it was Giuseppe Santoro.
Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Peg, I'm afraid I did not look at the obvious. :? I looked at every angle but that one.
You are right and I appreciate your help.

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
Those are the only differences that I can see between the records. Always happy to help you.
Peg