Search found 13 matches

by redangie24
06 Aug 2006, 07:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: New to site / Miami consulate
Replies: 2
Views: 2549

Re: New to site / Miami consulate

If you have questions I would send an email to the miami consulate again. Make sure you are sending it to the right person. I have been working with them for the last year it takes about 2 weeks for them to contact you back, but its better than phone messages which so far I have never gotten a respo...
by redangie24
06 Aug 2006, 07:43
Topic: Grandmothers Birth Certificate
Replies: 34
Views: 18355

Re: Grandmothers Birth Certificate

Did you find what town your grandfather was born in? For me what worked was following the line from birth certificates. I checked my mother's birth certificate to find out where my grandmother was born and checked my grandmothers birth certificate to find out where my grandfather was born. The proce...
by redangie24
17 Jun 2006, 09:13

I had never heard that before!!! Checking to see if she could have children!!! Who would have thought.... I just always grew up with "never do anything to shame yourself or our family name," I am starting to realize that it was all talk. I will keep you all posted about my dual citizenship...
by redangie24
17 Jun 2006, 07:57

Guys Thanks so much for making me not feel quite so weird about it. I guess it was hard for me since my parents were not married and my family always made me feel bad about it. Until I got that birth certificate I never thought anyone else in my family was born out of wedlock. I kind of thought that...
by redangie24
16 Jun 2006, 08:10

I just got my grandmother birth certificate and got the shock of my life. My great-grandparents were not married at the time of her birth. My great-grandfather was "recognized" as the father one month after her birth, but they were not married until she was 7 years old. I am somewhat embar...
by redangie24
01 Jun 2006, 23:34
Topic: Dual Citizenship via mother>>>grandmother>>&g
Replies: 22
Views: 15168

Re: Dual Citizenship via mother>>>grandmother>&g

[Redangle, your long list looks a bit daunting, but it may not be necessary to obtain all the documents on it. Some consulates--for example, Chicago--expect all documents from both sides of the family.] I need to move to New York, since I am going through Miami I need everything on the list plus any...
by redangie24
01 Jun 2006, 09:06
Topic: Dual Citizenship via mother>>>grandmother>>&g
Replies: 22
Views: 15168

Re: Dual Citizenship via mother>>>grandmother>&g

These are the documents you will need: Your maternal great grandfather's birth certificate from Italy. Your maternal great grandmother's birth certificate. Your great grandparents' marriage certificate. (If married outside of Italy, you will need an apostille and a translation into Italian.) Your ma...
by redangie24
31 May 2006, 23:35

Thanks for those links will be sending out requests soon.
by redangie24
30 May 2006, 23:08

It most likely does come from her hometown, but I only know that she gets it no one other than her and my step-grandfather sees it. Again, Icannot get the information from the U.S. as long as she is still with us. Which I do understand since some children and grandchildren have been known to use per...
by redangie24
30 May 2006, 08:45

You know for some reason I was thinking I needed the exact date, but I problably would not need it if I did it myself instead of using an agency. Don't know why I did not think of that before. Thanks for bringing it up. Thanks for your help.
by redangie24
30 May 2006, 08:09

They don't keep marriage records. I know they were married in Vasencourt, France outside of Toole AB in 1956 or 1957, but no exact date. The thing that is so frustrating is that I am so close to having all the information, but I am just a little bit away from having enough information.
by redangie24
30 May 2006, 04:33

No one else has really had any intrest. My grandmother came to the U.S. with my grandfather in 1958 to Spokane, Washington (he left her with his parents while he finished his service at Fort Ord in California).
by redangie24
29 May 2006, 22:20

Grandmothers Birth Certificate

I need to get a copy of my grandmothers birth certificate for my Italian dual citizenship. The problem is that most of the people I have talked to can only help me if I know what comume she is from. All I know is that she was (and most of my uncles and aunts) born in Sicily. My grandmother will not ...