Search found 8 matches

by catsmeow2525
17 Mar 2008, 21:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Terracciano relatives from Pomigliano
Replies: 20
Views: 16521

Re: Looking for Terracciano relatives from Pomigliano

I just received from Nara, a copy of my father's naturalization papers. Good because it's more info, but bad because it puts an end to dual citizenship. I don't ever remember his talking about becoming a citizen. Oh well.

Kathleen
by catsmeow2525
17 Mar 2008, 20:56

I just spent several hours inputting all the information on Family Tree Maker. Also located some of my father's sibs on the SSDI. It seems that the original spelling of Terracciano was not sacred. They used different versions of the name even on S.S. The SSDI gave me date of death for several of my ...
by catsmeow2525
17 Mar 2008, 11:43

Wow! It is a fairly undeveloped street even for the 1950's. The picture, however, makes the whole thing more real. Up to now it was just a steet I found on Google Earth. I wonder if it was truly named after someone in my father's immediate family. I do remember, very vaguely, that they were bakers i...
by catsmeow2525
16 Mar 2008, 23:52

Bif, I am so impressed! I don't know how to thank you. Yes, there was Aunt Millie. It is interesting and perhaps a bit sad that the given names were so readily Americanized. However, my grandfather's name was kept Italian - Pasquale. It makes sense now. When I was about 10 my father brought up to my...
by catsmeow2525
15 Mar 2008, 20:40

So he did become a citizen. I was hoping he hadn't as I was interested in dual citizenship. Since my mother was born here, obviously she was a citizen. But I don't think any of my grandparents were. In any event, I doubt if I can pursue dual citizenship as he became a citizen way before I was born. ...
by catsmeow2525
15 Mar 2008, 20:07

It's unbelievable; I have been looking at that manifest, the 1913 one many times and never noticed Carmela had been born in Brooklyn. I guess my grandmother must have gone back and forth between Pomigliano and Brooklyn several times. Quite the jet setter for that time. I don't know if I can assume t...
by catsmeow2525
15 Mar 2008, 19:32

Thanks Biff, I had seen the entry, but didn't see that Carmela had been born in Brooklyn. It's a solid lead and now I will send away to NYC Vital Statistics to see if I can get birth record. If I am successful, I might be able to get birthdays for all three on Carmela's birth certificate. As a chil...
by catsmeow2525
15 Mar 2008, 18:44

Looking for Terracciano relatives from Pomigliano

I am new to this wonderful site. I hope someone can help in my search. I am looking for any info regarding my grandparents on my father's side and any other relatives here in the U.S. My grandfather was Pasquale Terracciano and grandmother's maiden name was Giovanna or Giovanina Russo. They came fr...