Search found 4 matches

by becshansen
14 Aug 2008, 12:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tracing Berth Certificates
Replies: 7
Views: 9674

Re: Tracing Berth Certificates

"CRES" is a Croation name for Cherso. The link to a Cres link is www.island-cres.net/en Cres was under Italian control from 1918 until 1943.Prior to that it was under Austrian-Hungary and even the Cityof Venice at different periods. Records, however, are found in Croatia. The best source ...
by becshansen
14 Aug 2008, 01:38

Since Italian records are held int he town of origin I would start there. Someone there should be able to tell you where to go if they no longer have them. You might also try the parish church for the baptism record. It may be acceptable if the birth certificate cannot be found. Thank you so much f...
by becshansen
14 Aug 2008, 01:37

PeterTimber wrote:I already sent out an e-mailto my Yugoslav colleague and am awaiting a reply about Cherso island. =Peter=
Thank you so much for your help, I look forward to hearing from you, Becs.
by becshansen
12 Aug 2008, 13:02

Tracing Berth Certificates

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I trace my Mothers birth Certificate. Im going to Italy next month to try and find it in person but not too sure how things work! My mother was born on the island of Cres (Cherso in Italian) in 1939 which belonged to Italy at that time. After the war...