Search found 8 matches

by ProfessorCasperelli
05 Mar 2009, 14:28
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Any South Africans with Italian heritage about?
Replies: 0
Views: 3122

Any South Africans with Italian heritage about?

Howzit,

I'm just curious to know if there are any Saffas on this board? I suspect not, but hey...

Cheers
P.C.
by ProfessorCasperelli
05 Mar 2009, 14:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Consulates in South Africa
Replies: 1
Views: 2543

Re: Consulates in South Africa

Just in case one of the 35 000 remaining Italian-South Africans stumble across this in the future, the Cape Town consulate does not enforce the 1912 rule.

P.C.
by ProfessorCasperelli
04 Mar 2009, 13:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Seeking info on Curino, Piedmont
Replies: 22
Views: 17482

Re: Seeking info on Curino, Piedmont

Hey again, thanks again for all the info. My family left Curino circa 1882 so I'm not surprised that there are no Ferraris's left in the town. I have my great great grandfather's certificato di nascita from the Commune di Curino, but I myself didn't find it. I would really appreciate it if you can g...
by ProfessorCasperelli
01 Mar 2009, 19:22
Topic: Italians in South Africa
Views: 3188

Re: Italians in South Africa

Heya, You can find the most comprehensive South African shipping lists here: http://www.sagenealogy.co.za/Ships%20&%20Passengers.htm However, you'll find very few Italians on the lists as most travelled in steerage and therefore no names are available. If the lists above don't help, then your be...
by ProfessorCasperelli
01 Mar 2009, 14:59
Topic: Consulates in South Africa
Views: 2543

Consulates in South Africa

Greetings, I'm looking to apply for Italian citizenship in South Africa but I unfortunately fall foul of the 1912 issue (my ancestor naturalised in 1899 after coming under political pressure from the then British administration in SA). With the 1912 problem being open to interpretation I was wonderi...
by ProfessorCasperelli
01 Mar 2009, 14:52

Thanks for all the info, it's wonderful stuff. I'm not sure exactly which hamlet my great great gf was from as his Certificato di Nascita simply states Curino. My surname is Ferraris and my ancestor's second name was Maria and his brother's name was Nicolao - not sure if that might mean anything bas...
by ProfessorCasperelli
28 Feb 2009, 17:21

Hi Ada, thanks for the quick reply. When I travelled to Italy a few years back I did not know that my family history could be traced to Curino. I am planning another trip to Italy with a view to spending some time in the village. Could you perhaps suggest a decent place to stay as well as highlight ...
by ProfessorCasperelli
28 Feb 2009, 17:02

Seeking info on Curino, Piedmont

Greetings all,

My great great grandfather hailed from Curino and I am curious to know what the village is like?

Grazie
P.C.