Search found 54 matches

by Gianna75010
04 Dec 2010, 16:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passport procedure at NYC Consulate
Replies: 3
Views: 1918

Re: Passport procedure at NYC Consulate

I had a similar experience with the Newark consulate. I had my appointment for citizenship on November 23rd. They accepted all my paperwork and told me to make an appointment in 2 months for my passport. I thought that was odd because I heard other consulates make you wait to get confirmation of the...
by Gianna75010
29 Nov 2010, 02:40
Topic: Successful Appointment in Newark
Views: 1760

Re: Successful Appointment in Newark

I didn't meet with Carmen. I met with a woman named Clelia. She went to talk to a colleague at one point so maybe that was Carmen. I used some translation templates that were on another bulletin board (http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/) as a starting point, but I had to change them a lot. It...
by Gianna75010
28 Nov 2010, 05:34
Topic: Successful Appointment in Newark
Views: 1760

Successful Appointment in Newark

I had my appointment for citizenship at the Newark consulate on November 23. It went really well. They accepted all my paperwork and told me that I can get a passport in 2 months!!! I want to thank everyone on this site for their posts which helped me immensely. There is no way that my application w...
by Gianna75010
18 Nov 2010, 23:39
Topic: Parents' Ages on Birth Certificate
Replies: 2
Views: 1346

Re: Parents' Ages on Birth Certificate

Hopefully, they won't look at the ages because they are way off. The mother is listed as 30 and the father as 32 when in fact the mother was actually 7 years OLDER than the father. The father should have been about 28 and the mother 35. They probably just lied about their ages to seem closer in age!!!
by Gianna75010
18 Nov 2010, 22:22
Topic: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Replies: 32
Views: 7772

Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?

Well, since they told me that they couldn't come with me to the appointment, I have another idea. I'll have them come with me but stay in the lobby of the main building and not even come up to the consulate (I'll need moral support for when my appointment is over). At the end of my appointment, I'll...
by Gianna75010
18 Nov 2010, 22:03
Topic: Parents' Ages on Birth Certificate
Replies: 2
Views: 1346

Parents' Ages on Birth Certificate

Does the consulate check the ages of parents on birth certificates to see if they match up with their birth dates? It would require them to actually calculate the age because the parents' birth dates not listed on their child's birth certificate. I just noticed that the ages of the parents on my gra...
by Gianna75010
18 Nov 2010, 21:58
Topic: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Views: 7772

Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?

I just contacted the NEWARK consulate to see if my parents could come to my appointment for citizenship with me. They are not applying for citizenship now but might be interested in the future) I didn't want to piss the consulate off by having them just show up with me. The response I got was "...
by Gianna75010
13 Nov 2010, 23:45
Topic: No Record Found from USCIS
Views: 11066

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

I actually just got my letter too! Just in time for my appointment next week. It was signed by Michael Quinn so I guess he is still in charge.
by Gianna75010
08 Nov 2010, 21:32

Unfortunately, I haven't received any letter yet from USCIS. I have the ones from NARA and the County, but the USCIS hasn't responded. I just wish there was someone I could call to follow-up with. Is there a phone number for the Operations Department?
by Gianna75010
07 Nov 2010, 20:52

Hi All. I, too, am still waiting for my USCIS letter of non-existence which I requested in the beginning of September. I just mailed a follow-up letter to Mike Quinn but now it looks like Magda S. Ortiz is in charge. What is her address? My appointment is in 2 weeks so I'm starting to worry that I w...
by Gianna75010
20 Oct 2010, 20:20
Topic: Death certificate definitely needed?
Replies: 11
Views: 3783

Re: Death certificate definitely needed?

Haha. It sounds like a few of the conversations that I've had with them too!! I would just send in what they told you too. I would include a cover letter with your phone number too so they can call you if you are missing something. I did that and I got a call for some guy who actually seemed to know...
by Gianna75010
20 Oct 2010, 12:57

I don't think I submitted a copy of the Italian birth certificate, just the translation. Since you are farther away in lineage, you may want to call the NJ VS Corrections Unit first to make sure you are able to amend it. I don't know if they will accept an amendment from a 3rd generation relative. I...
by Gianna75010
19 Oct 2010, 20:38

There was no fee to amend the certificate but you have to pay to get a new copy of the amended certificate (I think it's about $25 for the first and $2 for each additional). You do have to prove relation to the person your are amending. I amended my GGF who is my father's father's father so I have t...
by Gianna75010
19 Oct 2010, 19:36
Topic: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?
Replies: 28
Views: 26912

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

I don't have it in front of me, but I know that there is a phone number for the USCIS Genealogy Program. I, too, did not get any response to emails so I called them directly. I know I got the number from their website, so it should still be there somewhere.
by Gianna75010
19 Oct 2010, 19:30

Vital Statistics in NJ is not good. Almost every time I request a document or asked for an amendment they did something wrong. Once they sent me the birth certificate for the wrong person. Another time they searched for a birth certificate instead of a death certificate. Another time I requested tha...