Search found 26 matches

by JoshFM
06 Jan 2014, 16:57
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment
Replies: 7
Views: 3264

Re: Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment

Hello, Yes, I can send you the spreadsheet, no problem. Let me know your email address and I'll send it off. My mother and grandmother are still alive, but they do not automatically qualify. They would have to apply separately, since they live in different jurisdictions. And my grandmother would not...
by JoshFM
07 May 2013, 19:21
Topic: Great grandfathers birth certficate
Replies: 2
Views: 1370

Re: Great grandfathers birth certficate

I think what they sent will work. My comune sent me a printed copy that looks nothing like an original birth certificate. I think the consulate is only looking for an "extract" of the birth record and not the original document. What consulate are you going through?
by JoshFM
07 May 2013, 19:06

Hello Angela, Nice. Congratulations! Did you set up an appointment for a passport? That must have been a fun surprise, getting a Italian ballot in the mail. No word yet. I sent her all my documents last September. In late December I emailed and she said all documents were sent to Italy. I emailed ag...
by JoshFM
01 Sep 2012, 23:54

Hello, You do not have to leave your passport at the consulate, just a copy. I brought my passport and a color copy. In my case, I sent in an appointment request on June 3, 2011 and six days later I received an email explaining they are not accepting any requests until "after January 1st, 2012....
by JoshFM
01 Sep 2012, 23:12
Topic: My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate
Replies: 3
Views: 1663

Re: My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate

Yes, I'd be happy to. Send me your email address and I will send it to you within the next few days. I'm currently away from office.
by JoshFM
13 Jul 2012, 01:03
Topic: Is my friend Elligible?
Replies: 5
Views: 2778

Re: Is my friend Elligible?

I believe that is the case, yes. According to information found on several websites relating to Italian dual citizenship, the grandmother can pass down citizenship to her children. However, the qualifications listed on the various official Italian Consulate websites vary(Chicago, NY, San Fran, Miami...
by JoshFM
13 Jul 2012, 00:15
Topic: Is my friend Elligible?
Replies: 5
Views: 2778

Re: Is my friend Elligible?

Yes, but only if the grandmother did not renounce Italian citizenship. Was she born in the USA?
by JoshFM
18 May 2012, 20:28

Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment

My line is GGF>GF>Mother. I have a spreadsheet listing all the documents I presented. All of these documents were requested during the appointment. I tried to attach it, but it keeps failing. Let me know if you want it sent your way. This is a long post, but I figure the more details, the more it mi...
by JoshFM
09 May 2012, 20:05
Topic: Search for arriving vessel
Replies: 4
Views: 1605

Re: Search for arriving vessel

Do you know where in the US they landed? I found my great-grandparents' manifest page through a search on the Ellis Island Foundation's website. It took a few different name/date searches. They based the name search on the hand-written script in the ship's log, so sometimes they misspell names. For ...
by JoshFM
02 May 2012, 19:32
Topic: My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate
Replies: 3
Views: 1663

My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate

Hello, I created a spreadsheet to keep track of the needed documents, apostilles, time frames, and costs. Perhaps this can help others just starting the process, or provide some insights for the curious. I had to obtain several more documents than those on the list of requirements because of various...
by JoshFM
02 May 2012, 00:31
Topic: chicago consulate
Views: 3185

Re: chicago consulate

Don't give up, Philip320. They will get you an appointment. Get the necessary translations and maybe use the extra time to thoroughly research and double check that you have all the necessary documents. Along with this forum, there's another one, http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org, that is ver...
by JoshFM
30 Mar 2012, 20:52
Topic: Chicago appt recap
Replies: 13
Views: 2776

Re: Chicago appt recap

That's the answer I was hoping for, Angela. Hopefully, Chicago will still do it this way in May.

It seems there's no real consistency on the cross-jurisdictional authentications. Another grey area that could result in adding time to the process, or not.
by JoshFM
30 Mar 2012, 19:31

Hello again, Angela. I'm curious, what states did your documents originate in? Was it mostly California? A majority of mine come from California, but others are from Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, and Nevada. They're all apostilled, but I am wondering if this is going to be an issue for the Chicago co...
by JoshFM
29 Mar 2012, 20:56

Hello, mler. Do you happen to know exactly what the "Chicago approach" is once an application has been approved?

Angela, thanks for the additional info!
by JoshFM
28 Mar 2012, 18:56
Topic: Please Help - Validate my Document List
Replies: 8
Views: 2661

Re: Please Help - Validate my Document List

Nice work! Your list looks very similar to mine (GGF>GF>Mother>Me). I'll be going through the Chicago consulate, and they seem to have slightly different rules. My parents were divorced also, but I don't have the divorce record. I didn't think it was necessary, but as my appointment date approaches,...