Search found 14 matches

by Elpinoine
26 Nov 2011, 18:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Translation of Marriage/Adoption Doc.
Replies: 11
Views: 5197

Re: Help with Translation of Marriage/Adoption Doc.

There are six people with the surname Dogali in Marcianise today. It would be very unusual to give a surname to a foundling that existed already in the village or town. Of course those living there today could have come from another town. I'm accepting at this point I may never know the real truth ...
by Elpinoine
26 Nov 2011, 18:12
Topic: Help with Translating a Birth Record
Replies: 7
Views: 2835

Re: Help with Translating a Birth Record

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate all the help.
by Elpinoine
25 Nov 2011, 21:30
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: to all
Replies: 2
Views: 1485

Re: to all

And to you too! :D
by Elpinoine
23 Nov 2011, 20:47
Topic: Birth Location - Lemie?
Replies: 4
Views: 2312

Re: Birth Location - Lemie?

Thanks so much for your help. I could tell it wasn't Lemie, but couldn't place what it should be.
by Elpinoine
23 Nov 2011, 18:11

Re: Birth Location - Lemie?

The Ellis Island site seems to be a bit clearer, but still not great. Here is the link to the direct page. http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%5C%5C%5C192%2E168%2E100%2E11%5C%5CIMAGES%5C%5CT715%2D2172%5C%5CT715%2D21720468%2ETIF%26S%3D%2E5&am...
by Elpinoine
23 Nov 2011, 05:46

Birth Location - Lemie?

Can anyone help me out deciphering the birth city on line 21 of this ship manifest? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/digennaroimmp2.jpg/ Ancestry translated it as Lemie, but to me it looks like it reads S Leciero (which doesn't exist, but that's just what it looks like to me). I know that two...
by Elpinoine
23 Nov 2011, 04:13

Re: Help with Translating a Birth Record

My great grandmother was Josephine Maria Perrella (Perrelli). Her death certificate lists her birth date as 6 June 1889, although on the Ellis Island immigration record it has her birth date as in 1880. She married Michele Dogali 12 March 1911. They immigrated to the United States in December of 191...
by Elpinoine
21 Nov 2011, 17:17

Help with Translating a Birth Record

I was searching on Ancestry for my great grandmother's birth record from Marcinaise, and while I didn't find hers, I think I found her brother's. I'd appreciate any help translating it. Thanks!

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4895 ... 1890bc.jpg
by Elpinoine
21 Nov 2011, 16:19

Liviomoreno, Sorry about the delay in posting this, but I had no scanner access over the weekend to scan a copy of my great grandfather's death certificate. http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z126/Seastorm2/Creevy%20Genealogy/dogalidcert.jpg He died in the United States in 1977, his wife had died mu...
by Elpinoine
18 Nov 2011, 19:03

Thanks for the help. I was trying to search today on Ancestry and wasn't finding anything for him. (I couldn't seem to find my great grandmother either. No luck today I guess.) On his death certificate, I have the names Giovanni Dogali and wife Anna as his parents. I'm curious now as to where he cam...
by Elpinoine
18 Nov 2011, 16:00

Thanks for the welcome. I'm finding all kinds of great information so far. Unfortunately I don't have the documents, no one in the family does. I only have a copy of the notes that my great aunt had handwritten back in 1977. She had arrived at the office too late to get official copies. I'm trying t...
by Elpinoine
18 Nov 2011, 15:46
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Eggs cooked in tomato sauce.
Replies: 32
Views: 29891

Re: Eggs cooked in tomato sauce.

My grandmother who was born in the US shortly after her parents arrived in the US always served pasta, but not at the same time as things like meatballs. The meat was actually served as a course in the meal after the pasta. Once the pasta was done she'd serve meatballs, sausages, and braciola, usual...
by Elpinoine
17 Nov 2011, 22:05

Help with Translation of Marriage/Adoption Doc.

I'm trying to translate two documents about my great grandfather, Michele Dogali, using Google translate, and have been having a few questions. I was hoping to find a bit of help from someone more familiar with Italian. My great grandfather was born in Marcianaise Italy back in 1887, and married my ...