Search found 42 matches

by droe
28 Aug 2013, 21:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Discuss. Contributions of Newly Recognized Citizens
Replies: 10
Views: 4078

Re: Discuss. Contributions of Newly Recognized Citizens

Wow you need to make better acquaintances. What a narrow minded outlook on their importance. Now to make a little joke, being a New Yorker .... what do you expect they came from New Jersey :) I would not let them ruin your day and I would not waste any productive time gathering facts that I am sure ...
by droe
28 Aug 2013, 03:27
Topic: Discuss. Contributions of Newly Recognized Citizens
Replies: 10
Views: 4078

Re: Discuss. Contributions of Newly Recognized Citizens

I was wondering if anyone can contribute to a discussion on how much (financially) newly recognized Italian citizens may have already contributed or may contribute in the future to the Italian economy? Interesting topic. I don't know how one would come up with a model or with any basis that would d...
by droe
26 May 2013, 17:11
Topic: A Poll - Where was your appt / how long until notification
Replies: 14
Views: 7602

Re: A Poll - Where was your appt / how long until notificati

Appointment made in August 2009

First appointment June 2010 at New York Consulate.

Needed court order for one and the same.....

set next appointment immediately - another 11 month wait.....

Second appointment July 2011.

Received citizenship letter March 2012, passport obtained April 2012.
by droe
24 Oct 2012, 02:50
Topic: Success in Newark!
Replies: 6
Views: 3320

Re: Success in Newark!

Congrats..............
by droe
30 Sep 2012, 15:22
Topic: Tessera Sanitaria (health card) Should I?
Replies: 6
Views: 3042

Re: Tessera Sanitaria (health card) Should I?

Bmilazzo: First of all you are right the site offered above is not an officail government site. The address for the postal service in Italy is: http://www.poste.it/ As to obtaining your Codice Fiscale "jennabet" said it best. Apply at the Consulate you are registered in AIRE. While the on ...
by droe
24 Sep 2012, 23:31
Topic: italian citizanship through marriage
Replies: 2
Views: 1258

Re: italian citizanship through marriage

Roberta: It is a lot easier than JS. The NY web site has it spelled out pretty clear as to waht they will require. However if that is still confusing here is a link to a board that will have a wealth of informaiton and some of the best experts on these matters: http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.o...
by droe
24 Sep 2012, 23:25
Topic: Phialdelphia requirement and divoce decree proof
Views: 4820

Re: Phialdelphia requirement and divoce decree proof

While the no appeal letter might be common in CT it is not in NY or MD. Most clerks here have no idea when approached. Colorado should not be any insane than NY. What I did for MD was visit the website of the AG. I found the name and email for the chief counsel. I explained my problem in an email an...
by droe
23 Sep 2012, 18:21

First: When a document is to be used in a foreign country, it may be necessary to have the document authenticated. An authentication certifies the signature and the capacity of the official who has executed the document. The authentication may also authenticate the seal of the official. Second: You ...
by droe
23 Sep 2012, 15:15

OK from above I gather you turned in a final copy of the divorce decree, translated and apostilled. What they are asking for is a •Certificate attesting to the fact that "the judgment is no longer appealable" or that "no appeal has been filed", notarized with an Apostille It is a...
by droe
18 Sep 2012, 13:47
Topic: Jure Sanguinis Application
Replies: 8
Views: 5519

Re: Jure Sanguinis Application

I would suggest you go to the web site of the Consulate you will be applying at and read through the section on Jure Sanguinis. You do not need to hire anyone except say for the translation of all documents gathered outside of Italy. The wait times can be long to obtain an appointment. To get a bett...
by droe
16 Sep 2012, 15:30
Topic: Why is my topic locked?
Replies: 1
Views: 1017

Re: Why is my topic locked?

Post your reply here and those that were helping will remember your problem or they can reference the locked thread to refresh their memory and then reply.

-d
by droe
15 Sep 2012, 17:57
Topic: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina
Replies: 46
Views: 17692

Re: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina

And once again, Kontessa has still not provided the info asked for. A baby with no birth certificate because he was born at home could also have been born at home -- IN Italy and brought as an infant to the USA. If they get into the USA unaccounted for by crossing the Rio Grande, they got into the ...
by droe
14 Sep 2012, 17:30

So, apparently Kontessa has still not provided the name of the Comune that accepted a birth certificate created for a deceased person. Very interesting. ======================= Therefore it's probably best to check with your consulate and take any advice from Kontessa with a grain of salt or avoid ...
by droe
13 Sep 2012, 22:43

Granadaiscool... There is a good point over at italiancitizenship.freeforums.org you will also with a bunch of digging find several people that had delayed birth certificates issued in putting things together. Plus despite the rants of one poster the delayed BC is accepted and it is a legal document...
by droe
08 Sep 2012, 22:31
Topic: The best place to declare Jus Sanguinis
Replies: 15
Views: 6623

Re: The best place to declare Jus Sanguinis

What Consulate are you under right now? If it is one with long appointment waits then a year traveling should not be a problem. When you apply the consulate will ask for your US Passport, State Driver license and some enforce the rule seeing a bank statement, ulitity bill to establish residency to p...