Search found 8441 matches

by erudita74
Yesterday, 20:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth Document Translation Help
Replies: 7
Views: 199

Re: Birth Document Translation Help

Thank you everyone that's helping out. Thank you for going above to make sure everything is correct Scott M😊 Sorry for my errors, Scott. Glad mmogno caught them (thanks, G). There is no street mentioned in the record. Watched the grandkids over the weekend and only had about three hours of sleep! E...
by erudita74
Yesterday, 17:44

T Even on the second page of the birth record that Scott posted for Agostina, the mother’s first name is clearly written as Giuseppa. So somehow the official who wrote the record must have made a mistake now that we have the additional records you located which show her first name as Filippa. Even t...
by erudita74
Yesterday, 10:45

Agostina Di Blasi was born and baptized on Feb 8, 1885 to Maria Schillaci, age 18, wife of Lucio Di Blasi, age 23, in the house on Strada Schillaci. Declaring the birth was her mother, Giuseppa ? in Schillaci, age 40. I can’t decipher her mother’s (maiden) name.

Gi xta ?

Giunta ?
by erudita74
13 Mar 2024, 20:51
Topic: Help with translation of marriage record
Replies: 3
Views: 101

Re: Help with translation of marriage record

The father of the groom, Ignazio Vitrano, was deceased.

Erudita
by erudita74
12 Mar 2024, 17:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Mastronicola family info
Replies: 1
Views: 80

Re: Looking for Mastronicola family info

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... id=fs_copy

You need to sign in with a user name and password of your own choosing to view the link to the marriage license
by erudita74
11 Mar 2024, 20:37
Topic: Translating Birth Record of Guccini
Replies: 11
Views: 453

Re: Translating Birth Record of Guccini

Diego
I can’t believe that the email worked and you received the record so quickly. I’m really happy for you.

The month is May and not March (Maii in Latin). Anna’s godmother was Lucia Poli, the wife of Antonio Costa. Anna was born and baptized on the 7th. The year does look like 1814 to me.
by erudita74
11 Mar 2024, 15:13
Topic: Looking for help with a marriage cert translation
Replies: 3
Views: 85

Re: Looking for help with a marriage cert translation

The side notes refer to the marriage publications which were posted to insure that there were no impediments to the marriage. The first one was posted on March 7, 1886, a Sunday. Then it was replaced by the second one -also posted on a Sunday, the 14th. The last one was posted on the 17th, and this ...
by erudita74
11 Mar 2024, 15:02
Topic: Help with abbreviations
Replies: 8

Re: Help with abbreviations

@mmogno

Si, abitatrice -femminile; abitatore-maschile
by erudita74
11 Mar 2024, 11:59

@erudita74 @PippoM Però anche per Grazia c'è un'abbreviazione simile:"ab.ce". In questo caso mi sembra evidente che sia "abitatrice di questa suddetta città" G I agree that the abbreviation following Grazia’s information has “ce” at the end, but like Pippo, I see “re” at the end...
by erudita74
11 Mar 2024, 11:27

I agree with Pippo in his interpretation of the abbreviation S.V. Ma and also that the word "militia" might be a religious organization. I found that, in current times, the term does apply to a religious organization, founded in the 1900s, devoted to the Virgin Mary, but I can't find a ref...
by erudita74
10 Mar 2024, 13:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name Changes?
Replies: 2
Views: 99

Re: Name Changes?

Children were often baptized with multiple first names, and I've found that sometimes in the civil records, only one of those first names, even a first name which is the third or fourth one on the baptism record, is recorded. So, if your town has access to church records, and you can find the baptis...
by erudita74
09 Mar 2024, 15:43
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1st Generation American
Replies: 4
Views: 124

Re: 1st Generation American

I agree with Mark on this one. My parents were born in Manhattan and Brooklyn, although they were the children of immigrants, but ones who had naturalized. They always considered themselves first generation Americans, and I have always considered myself a second generation American. So, if things ha...
by erudita74
09 Mar 2024, 15:36

Diego
I think that’s the best route you can take at this point. It’s also possible that, if her age at death is inaccurate, she could have been born in 1816 or later. Unfortunately, I don’t see online records between 1816 and 1866 for Gaggio.
Erudita
by erudita74
09 Mar 2024, 02:21

There are no ages in this document. Did you get it from the groom’s parish or from Anna’s parish? (Maria Anna in the record). I don’t know if the bride’s parish of S. Michele would have a copy of her baptism record. You could try emailing the parish with an approximate year of 1814 based on her age ...