by erudita74
12 May 2024, 20:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Record Translation
Replies: 10
Views: 249

Re: Marriage Record Translation

@mmogno

I did see the info on Wikipedia but nothing there to tie the town name to the spelling in the document, at least not for me. As always though, I appreciate your additional knowledge. When you typed IPA were you referring to the International Phonetic Alphabet?

Erudita
by erudita74
12 May 2024, 13:24
Topic: Possible Baptismal record
Replies: 3
Views: 139

Re: Possible Baptismal record

Dated Dec 7, 1884. Parents were Angelo Bonzi of deceased Antonio. Of Italian origin. And Maria Pandini of unknown parents. They were legitimate spouses of this parish. Son Pietro Bonzi was baptized privately by Rosa Monti (probably the midwife, as midwives during a particular period in history were ...
by erudita74
12 May 2024, 01:40

@mmogno

Ho trovato il comune di Ozegna sulla mappa e vedo che non e` molto distante da Rivarolo Canavese. Forse l'ortografia in latino e` diversa da quella vediamo sulla mappa. Non lo so.

Erudita
by erudita74
11 May 2024, 14:20

@mmogno-

Ora capisco l'uso della parola "ab," ma non capisco la parola dopo "ab" nell'atto. Non posso trovare un comune o una frazione con il nome Eugenio. Credo che e` il nome d'un luogo.

Grazie ancora per l'aiuto.
Erudita
by erudita74
11 May 2024, 02:42

@mmogno

Thanks for the corrections but I don’t understand ab + Vowel. What do you mean by that? Thanks.

Erudita
by erudita74
11 May 2024, 00:54

Thanks for the compliment. Always happy to help you.
Erudita
by erudita74
10 May 2024, 16:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Are there records of moving municipalities - Parma
Views: 147

Re: Are there records of moving municipalities - Parma

Diego Hopefully, you’ll get a reply from the town. I know that towns did keep Liste degli Emigrati(not sure that is an official title for them) and don’t know if all towns did so, or if these lists only involved individuals temporarily traveling to, or relocating permanently to, other countries. The...
by erudita74
10 May 2024, 12:37

What I can read- GiovanBattista Dighera of deceased Andrea. He was a resident of Rivarolo. of this parish. Bride: Antonia Mosatto of Vincenzo. She was of this parish. The banns were announced during 3 solemn Masses on April 25th, May 2nd, and May 9th. The marriage appears to have taken place on May ...
by erudita74
10 May 2024, 00:44
Topic: Help with translating
Replies: 24
Views: 594

Re: Help with translating

I just hope you’re not disappointed with the content of Maria’s birth act, if the person you hired manages to retrieve a copy of it. Anyway, let us know if are able to get a copy of the record and whether it gives you any additional info about Maria. Wishing you luck.
Erudita
by erudita74
09 May 2024, 14:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Are there records of moving municipalities - Parma
Views: 147

Re: Are there records of moving municipalities - Parma

Diego- re Atti di Cittadinanze- The ones I have seen indicate that the individual was requesting transfer of his/her residency from one town to another, and in one instance, even to a city in the U.S. The reasons normally given were business interests in another town, or another town being the princ...
by erudita74
09 May 2024, 13:18

As mmogno pointed out in his post above, the information from the hospital of Como indicates that Maria Pandini was EXPOSED on April 1, 1856. This means that she was abandoned as an infant or was a foundling. So her first and last names would have been assigned to her by an official. Birth records f...
by erudita74
08 May 2024, 18:27

Thanks, G. Obviously mmogno’s eyes are better than mine!

Erudita