Search found 6286 matches

by erudita74
18 Jul 2018, 12:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Problem with Family Search
Replies: 5
Views: 172

Re: Problem with Family Search

The link that T provided appears to be working. You should be able to access the records for all years and types which are on familysearch. I just went through each of them, and the images are loading quickly.

Erudita
by erudita74
18 Jul 2018, 04:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Latin Marriage Record Translation
Replies: 1
Views: 55

Re: Help with Latin Marriage Record Translation

The record is dated July 28, 1782 The three banns were announced on the 24th, 25th, and 26th and resulted in no impediments to the upcoming marriage. The groom had never before been married. He was from the town of Messina but, from childhood, living in Palermo. The bride also had never before been ...
by erudita74
18 Jul 2018, 04:08
Topic: death record
Replies: 7
Views: 140

Re: death record

Hi Ellen

Gianovario Sangiorgio died on June 7, 1846 at the age of 60 (sessanta). His parents: padre Incerto and Nunziata Sangiorgio. No wife mentioned in the record.

Erudita
by erudita74
17 Jul 2018, 13:27
Topic: help with translation
Replies: 1
Views: 52

Re: help with translation

Always best to copy and paste the url in your post: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GTX5-4B8?i=2784&wc=93LM-827%3A179052901%2C179334201&cc=1887904 There are two notations: The first has to do with a letter from the war minister-concerning the death of the father in the National War-...
by erudita74
15 Jul 2018, 22:01
Topic: Please help Translation Stazzonelli Birth - Pendolasco, Sondrio Province
Replies: 3
Views: 62

Re: Please help Translation Stazzonelli Birth - Pendolasco, Sondrio Province

I think Maria's surname is Pizzati- Casaccia and the witness Biagio's surname is Savoldi

Erudita
by erudita74
15 Jul 2018, 12:18
Topic: Giovanni Tardito and Maria Capra
Replies: 2
Views: 65

Re: Giovanni Tardito and Maria Capra

T- I agree that the dates are off. There are church records for Borgofranco d'Ivea on familysearch.org. They are accessible from a home computer. I can't find either of the surnames Tardito or Capra. I've checked a lot of the years. The Borgofranco records seem to start with image 1826 of 3078. Star...
by erudita74
13 Jul 2018, 22:43
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passenger lists
Replies: 4
Views: 142

Re: Passenger lists

Sorry you haven't had luck with getting info from the town. Then you'll need to concentrate on finding subsequent passenger lists from Italy to the U.S. His name is probably badly misspelled, which is why you can't find him. Also, do you know if he used a different first name in the U.S.?

Erudita
by erudita74
13 Jul 2018, 13:37
Topic: Need to find info on grandfather Rocco Crafa from pietrelcina. Born in 1887 came to United States in early 1900s.
Views: 108

Re: Need to find info on grandfather Rocco Crafa from pietrelcina. Born in 1887 came to United States in early 1900s.

There are records here for the town. There is no Rocco born between 1885 and 1889 there. Indices for the birth records are in alphabetical order at the end of a particular year's record. If you find him, someone on the forum will be happy to help you with the translations http://dl.antenati.san.beni...
by erudita74
13 Jul 2018, 12:31
Topic: Problem with Family Search
Replies: 5
Views: 172

Re: Problem with Family Search

Helen

Could you be more specific concerning what you are searching for? A town in Agrigento Province or the city of Agrigento? what type of record and what year? You may need the antenati website instead of family search.

Erudita
by erudita74
13 Jul 2018, 12:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passenger lists
Views: 142

Re: Passenger lists

There are no return passenger lists to Italy, but some Italian towns do have dates in their registers when someone left and returned to the town. So I would write to the town of Luogosano and inquire.

email: info@comune.luogosano.av.it

Erudita
by erudita74
13 Jul 2018, 03:52
Topic: Frank Maffei from Potenza
Replies: 12
Views: 334

Re: Frank Maffei from Potenza

tom.pepe wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 03:10
Thank you so much for all this info erudita, I was able to make many connections in the family with this information!
Happy to help. You're very welcome.

Erudita
by erudita74
12 Jul 2018, 17:58
Topic: Family letter
Views: 182

Re: Family letter

Grazie, Pippo. Now I see the words "un grande spese," which I somehow misread earlier. Yes, the family spent a lot of money to find a cure.
Erudita
by erudita74
12 Jul 2018, 12:58
Topic: marriage index
Replies: 13
Views: 316

Re: marriage index

Glad you "chimed in," Angela. I agree with you, and had meant to add that correction, but got sidetracked.

Erudita
by erudita74
12 Jul 2018, 12:53
Topic: Family letter
Views: 182

Re: Family letter

Hi Scott I'm taking a stab at this letter since no one else here is. I hope what I understand is accurate. I don’t know who the writer of this letter is, as only the first page is here, and the signature must be on a subsequent page. The person is writing to a beloved friend to tell him about the de...
by erudita74
11 Jul 2018, 23:36
Topic: marriage index
Replies: 13
Views: 316

Re: marriage index

1843 marriage record Nov 14th in the church Augustale Catuosco son of Elgin Catuosco and Saveria Caso married to Maria Raffaela Francesca Laino daughter of Gianvario Laino and Maddelana Grotura Marty The year was 1842 not 1843 Augustale's father was Eligio Maria Raffaela's father was Gianovario