Search found 6634 matches

by erudita74
Today, 19:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating birth/baptism record
Replies: 3
Views: 59

Re: Translating birth/baptism record

You're very welcome, Linda. BTW, often when an infant is born from an unknown father, then the child would carry the mother's surname. So I find it surprising that the deceased father's surname is given as Casagrande, and yet Pietro carried the mother's surname. My husband has an ancestor who was bo...
by erudita74
Today, 19:50
Replies: 2
Views: 43

Linda This record is certification from the secretary of the home for abandoned children in the district of Chiavari that Vittoria Scantia, a foundling, was recently born and found in the town of Rapallo on Feb 14, 1837, had been baptized and, on the 20th of that month, had been consigned to a wetnu...
by erudita74
Today, 16:30
Views: 59

June 30, 1825 date of birth and baptism of Pietro Giuseppe (surname should be Casagrande).* Father: deceased Paolo Casagrande Mother: Anna Maria Cuneo, wife of deceased Paolo Casagrande (these are the parents of the infant Pietro Giuseppe (Casagrande). Her father was deceased Caroli (Charles). * pos...
by erudita74
Today, 15:25
Topic: Trans of Domenic Prestianni and Pietro Failla
Replies: 5
Views: 101

Re: Trans of Domenic Prestianni and Pietro Failla

Tracy, I have many records from NYC which have incorrect info concerning my Italian ancestors. For example, on the death record of my one great great grandmother in Brooklyn, her daughter was the informant and gave her mother's date of birth as Dec 18, 1855. The record also has the age of 84 at deat...
by erudita74
Today, 01:21
Topic: certificates
Views: 82

Re: certificates

That's what I would do at this point, Ellen.

BTW, I checked the Belgian archives website again earlier today, and it doesn't look like it's been updated.

Erudita
by erudita74
Yesterday, 19:17

Tracy
The marriage is in Feb 1869 but the bride's father died in May of 1868

The Giuseppe Failla birth record-Oct 29, 1880. No Giuseppe in the index for 1882.
by erudita74
Yesterday, 18:01

Hi Tracy Feb 15, 1869 Groom: Signor Pietro Failla, age 31, vetturale (cabman/coachman/carrier), son of deceased Antonio (Failla) and Signora Michelangela Cangelosi (no occupation). *only the father is deceased Bride: Signora Domenica Prestiani, age 19, no occupation, daughter of deceased Antonio (Pr...
by erudita74
Yesterday, 17:33
Topic: certificates
Views: 82

Re: certificates

Hi Ellen- Sometimes the absence of information in a record actually supports a research claim, particularly if certain key words which clearly indicate that the person is deceased, such as fu, defunto, or defunta, are missing from the document. The absence of these words, and the blank space where a...
by erudita74
19 Jan 2019, 01:27
Topic: Translation Please
Replies: 6
Views: 150

Re: Translation Please

Happy to help.
Erudita
by erudita74
18 Jan 2019, 14:48
Topic: Translation Please
Views: 150

Re: Translation Please

In Pietro Franzino's record-I believe the word after ospedale is militare-so the death took place in a military hospital in Algeria. The death also took place in 1862 and not in 1865 and the copy was from the office of foreign affairs, not business affairs.

Erudita
by erudita74
14 Jan 2019, 12:12
Topic: death notice/record
Views: 162

Re: death notice/record

Antonino was the son of deceased Francesco, so at least you have his father's name.

Erudita
by erudita74
06 Jan 2019, 12:44
Topic: Translate confusing sentence
Replies: 28
Views: 817

Re: Translate confusing sentence

Tom Another Concetta of Pasquale and Fortunata- Death of Concetta Invelenata Scaravilli on September 6, 1887 at age 1 in the house at #2 via Sireni. Her father, Pasquale (Invelenata* Scaravilli) was a villico/farmer, and her mother, Fortunata Brasco Spitaleri, was a contadina (peasant/farmer). https...
by erudita74
05 Jan 2019, 16:21
Topic: Date translation on birth record
Views: 139

Re: Date translation on birth record

NickAndreola wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 15:00
His father's father was also Nicolo/Nicola-now deceased. His father was 56 years old. I can't quite make out his profession...could be pastaro=shepherd?
the occupation was pastaio-made and/or sold pasta
by erudita74
05 Jan 2019, 12:51
Topic: Translate confusing sentence
Replies: 28
Views: 817

Re: Translate confusing sentence

Hi Tom I'm very happy that you now have some new info related to your ancestry. As to your question about FamilySearch and the catalog--I suggest that, if you want to search names and the town of Cesaro`, you use two different options on the website to conduct your search. If you go to the familysea...