Search found 304 matches

by VotM
30 Jun 2018, 00:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Is anyone compiling a master list of indices by town
Replies: 8
Views: 4685

Re: Is anyone compiling a master list of indices by town

The birth, marriage and death "road maps" for Termini Imerese have been updated to cover the 1820-1861 records on the Antenati web site and, in parallel, the ones on FamilySearch that are only available for viewing at Family History Centers.
by VotM
30 Jun 2018, 00:09
Topic: Latin Marriage Record
Replies: 12
Views: 3792

Re: Latin Marriage Record

From a Windows PC, you can capture the screen image with Alt-PrntScrn. You can then use paint or a similar tool to save the captured image to disk.
by VotM
10 May 2018, 18:39
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin date oddities
Replies: 4
Views: 1317

Re: Latin date oddities

<blush> When in doubt, follow the link... :-/

Thanks for the followup!
by VotM
10 May 2018, 16:42

Re: Latin date oddities

Actually, I was referring to the "settima" in the first example and the "Octavii"(?) in the second example. Without those, the dates would appear to translate simply as "10 August 1789" and "13 January 1805", respectively.
by VotM
10 May 2018, 14:57

Latin date oddities

On several baptismal records, I'm encountering what appears to be an extra number in the portion of the date before the year. See the image below for specific examples. The second example suggests that the day precedes the month, but what is the significance of the number between the month and the y...
by VotM
26 Jan 2018, 12:51
Topic: Italian Detto or clan name
Replies: 1
Views: 1288

Re: Italian Detto or clan name

I'd have to see an example from the documents you are looking at to confirm this, but I believe "detto" should be read as the English "ditto", "same as above", or "the aforementioned.
by VotM
15 Jan 2018, 20:35
Topic: Biondo/Brocato/Catalano - hit a wall
Replies: 41
Views: 10908

Re: Biondo/Brocato/Catalano - hit a wall

Whoops. The middle link above (record 289, "page" 1461) should be:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,248295301
by VotM
15 Jan 2018, 17:38
Topic: Biondo/Brocato/Catalano - hit a wall
Replies: 41
Views: 10908

Re: Biondo/Brocato/Catalano - hit a wall

Tessa, can you look at the birth record for a Pasquale Biondo that I found on page 222? It's record 198. Child Pasquale Biondo was born 28 June 1864 at 10 AM, presented at the town office at 1 PM by Maria Corro, 76 year old midwife. Mother was Francesca Brocato, age 28 Father was Antonino Biondo, a...
by VotM
20 Oct 2017, 12:58
Topic: USCIS Genealogy Index Request - Wait Time..
Replies: 24
Views: 9579

Re: USCIS Genealogy Index Request - Wait Time..

The first image is the "Best Reproducible Copy Available" from USCIS, taken from a duplicate.

The second image is the same document as provided by NARA, taken from the original. Note the better quality and the lack of gratuitous redacting.
by VotM
20 Oct 2017, 01:06

London82 wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 00:22 The disc had horrible copy scans of my great grandfather's naturalization certificate, declaration and petition.
Let me guess.. the scans are also marked, "Best Reproducible Copy Available"? :-/
by VotM
16 Oct 2017, 22:21
Topic: Need help with birth "transcript" in 1901 Allegati
Views: 876

Re: Need help with birth "transcript" in 1901 Allegati

There also appears to be some hint that the bride was originally viewed as the daughter of Giuseppe de Cefalu. Misinterpretation on my part here. Looking at the family tree, I think that the person who appeared before the town official, "Stefana Papa fu Giuseppe de Cefalu", is the daughte...
by VotM
16 Oct 2017, 18:21
Topic: Need help with birth "transcript" in 1901 Allegati
Views: 876

Need help with birth "transcript" in 1901 Allegati

In the 1901 marriage Allegati for what appears to be one of my great aunts, there is an unusual entry in place of the standard birth transcript. Rather than being the usual copy of an entry from the "Nati" records, this seems to be a document asserting that the birth was somehow not proper...
by VotM
04 Oct 2017, 14:37

To improve efficiency and decrease wait times for USCIS Genealogy Program customers, processing of USCIS genealogy requests will transition from Washington, D.C., to the USCIS National Records Center in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. The transition will occur between Oct. 1, 2017, and Jan. 1, 2018. There ...
by VotM
28 Sep 2017, 15:02
Topic: A Christmas Present - "road maps" to FamilySearch records for Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea
Replies: 2
Views: 1614

Re: A Christmas Present - "road maps" to FamilySearch records for Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea

The "road maps" for Cefalù have been updated to include the recently exposed digital records for 1820-1859. These records currently may only be viewed at a Family History Center or an affiliate library. As my access to my local FHC is limited, corrections to these tables on the Wiki (see a...
by VotM
28 Sep 2017, 09:25

Got an update on the electronic file request today which says * Pending QA - The requested file was received, duplicated, and printed, and is awaiting review for accuracy, legibility, and completeness. I had this status on my last request from February to July. At the end of July I received a lette...