Joe
by joboy
03 Apr 2015, 10:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Louis Walter Tinelli
Replies: 2
Views: 1030

Louis Walter Tinelli

Louis Walter Tinelli married Caroline Lawson when?
I am assuming circa 1840 possibly Manhattan.
Joe
by joboy
11 Jan 2015, 23:05
Topic: Luigi Tinelli
Replies: 9
Views: 4622

Re: Luigi Tinelli

Thank you Joe, considering that Julia was single on 1865 census (living with her father's family) and that she was already married to Thomas Lush on 1870, most likely she married Thomas Lush in this time frame. Laura ...... the Google Books tip is great and I have put a tentative entry for the Thom...
by joboy
11 Jan 2015, 22:37

Re: Luigi Tinelli

Paola ....... thank you so very much for your reply ....... after I enter all the detail you have given me in my family tree I shall study it and I am sure that I shall be seeking more ......... it all keeps this old mind clicking over.
Joe
by joboy
11 Jan 2015, 04:48

Julia Eliza Lush

Thank you Laura,Paola and Livio for your most valued input. Please forgive me as I am an English born and now a naturalised Australian citizen 87 years old and I have only recently found my Italian connections. I understand no other language but English :( :( and I am eager to find as much as I can ...
by joboy
10 Jan 2015, 22:19
Topic: Joseph Matthews Manone
Replies: 5
Views: 1681

Re: Joseph Matthews Manone

Joboy, One of my favorite sites for early jazz music and musicians. http://www.redhotjazz.com/index.htm Biff You've got it Biff ....... I just love that era ..... and surprising how many Italian muso's were there at the time ... at a later period a favourite was Louis Prima and his band ..... great...
by joboy
10 Jan 2015, 06:37

Luigi Tinelli

The free index to BMD registers.co.uk (paysite) indicates birth/baptism records for Julia Eliza TINELLI in 1843 in Portugal, as recorded in the GRO's Miscellaneous Foreign Returns and Foreign Registers (RG 32/1 and RG 33/142, references to records held by TNA). These records may be consistent with a...
by joboy
09 Jan 2015, 23:23

Re: Joseph Matthews Manone

Thank you so much suanj ... a very comprehensive answer.I loved 'Wingy's style of playing but his singing was something else.
Joe
by joboy
09 Jan 2015, 04:35
Replies: 2
Views: 936

Luigi Tinelli

Tinelli, Luigi; born in Italy; Major in the Garibaldi Guards; transfered to become the Colonel of his own regiment, the 90th New York. National Archives Service Records of Louis Tinelli's Pension. During the war Tinelli recruited the Hancock Guards, which later were consolidated with the McClellan R...
by joboy
07 Jan 2015, 09:53

Joseph Matthews Manone

Known in traditional jazz circles as Wingy Manone because he was a trumpet player who lost an arm and held the trumpet with his only arm.
Born in New Orleans 1900.
I would be interested in tracing his roots see;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingy_Manone#Biography
Joe