Search found 696 matches

by JohnArmellino
20 Nov 2023, 20:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: RANALLO, PICCIANO, and SEPEDE Families from Busso (CB)
Replies: 4
Views: 7238

Re: RANALLO, PICCIANO, and SEPEDE Families from Busso (CB)

I have only one Giovanni Antonio Ranallo in my database, born 24 MAR 1913 and he is the son of Felice. Do you have any dates for your ancestors? My 4th Great Grandfather is NIcola Ranallo, born circa 1728, died 09 JUN 1797, son of Leopoldo.
by JohnArmellino
13 Feb 2023, 00:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Just Starting
Replies: 11
Views: 3361

Re: Just Starting

I have a Francesco Pinto of Oratino in my database, He was born circa 1870 and was married to Gaetana Castaldo. I have one child: Augusto, born 06 JAN 1902 in New York.
by JohnArmellino
12 Feb 2023, 17:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Just Starting
Replies: 11
Views: 3361

Re: Just Starting

What was your Grandfather's name? Any other infoirmation about him?
by JohnArmellino
25 Apr 2021, 19:21
Topic: Campobasso, Grandparents birth and marriage certificates
Replies: 5
Views: 1195

Re: Campobasso, Grandparents birth and marriage certificates

And Domenico Faccone was "un artiste pirotecnico" - the first fireworks expert I've come across!
by JohnArmellino
25 Apr 2021, 05:41
Topic: Campobasso, Grandparents birth and marriage certificates
Views: 1195

Re: Campobasso, Grandparents birth and marriage certificates

Lisaelisa60 - I have some info that you may find interesting, although it has nothing to do with your quest for dual citizenship. Your grandfather Nicola Falcone is my 4C4R/5C4R via your Ficca line. Our common ancestors are Giovanni Andrea d'Oriente (bapt. 18 DEC 1657 in CB), son of Matteo and Lucre...
by JohnArmellino
25 Feb 2021, 00:26
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso
Replies: 23
Views: 17613

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

Hi Dennis The post you're referring to was in response to one by amirando. Geronimo Bernardo Villano and Catarina de Robertis are not our common ancestors. Our common ancestors are Nicola Ranallo (b.ca. 1729; d. 09 JUN 1797 in Busso) and Isabella Picciano (d. 25 OCT 1799 in Busso). I sent you a Pedi...
by JohnArmellino
09 Jan 2021, 18:59
Topic: Albanese family of Busso (CB) - Pittsburgh/Cleveland
Replies: 58
Views: 20293

Re: Albanese family of Busso (CB) - Pittsburgh/Cleveland

I can't add much, but I do have your grandmother's foster parents in my database. Antonio Albanese, son of Giovanni and Lucia Battista, was born on 29 OCT 1889 in Busso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno d'Italia. Source: Busso (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910...
by JohnArmellino
10 Aug 2019, 00:49
Topic: Giuseppe Picciano
Replies: 2
Views: 1062

Re: Giuseppe Picciano

There's a bit of a mystery here. Giuseppe Picciano's birth record indicates that he is the son of Mariantonia Picciano and her fiance Ferdinando Ziccardi. The record even indicates that his name is Giuseppe Picciano Ziccardi. Yet his marriage record states that his father is unknown. There appears t...
by JohnArmellino
21 May 2019, 04:10
Topic: Lerz
Replies: 4
Views: 1550

Re: Lerz

Here's a photo of your GGF's brother, Antonio Lerz.
antonio lerz.jpg
by JohnArmellino
14 Nov 2018, 09:06
Topic: Perna/Perno family from Oratino (CB)
Views: 1963

Re: Perna/Perno family from Oratino (CB)

Domenico Perna, son of Giuseppe and Carmina Gizzarone, age 25, born in Oratino, and Maria Vittoria fatica, daughter of Domenico and Antonia Pinto, age 34, born in Oratino, were married on 16 DEC 1880 in Oratino. Source: Oratino (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1...
by JohnArmellino
06 Feb 2018, 23:30

Alex, I did a quick search of the Ellis Island records and found the following: Giovanni Miranda, age 12, arrived at Ellis Island on 16 DEC 1897 on the Alesia . His last residence was Busso and he was going to his father Pietro's residence. This appears to be your GGF Giovanni Antonio. If so, then h...
by JohnArmellino
02 Oct 2017, 18:18
Topic: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso
Replies: 7
Views: 3028

Re: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso

Vanessa - I have a database that was extracted from the church records in Campobasso. In particular, the baptismal records of la Cattedrale. It appears (although I can't be sure) that all baptisms took place at la Cattedrale. Books IV through VI cover the period JUL 1636 through 1724. However, I cou...
by JohnArmellino
25 Aug 2017, 00:56
Topic: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso
Replies: 7
Views: 3028

Re: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso

I've read your posts with interest because I've rarely seen anyone make progress identifying the parents of a proietto. My GGF was a proietto and it's a complete dead end for me. I'd like to add some of my data to your quest, some of it is repetitive and some new: Rosina Mastropaolo, daughter of Ang...
by JohnArmellino
11 Apr 2017, 03:24

I am very curious about the Iaciofano family. I am a American Mirando, but my family is convinced we are Miranda's from Busso, Italy. My great-grandfather Antonio Mirando/a, when he immigrated to America married a Iaciofano. Her name is Theresa (Tessie), her mother and father's names are Joseph (b1...
by JohnArmellino
21 Oct 2016, 02:48
Topic: What are Diversi Records
Replies: 6
Views: 4685

Re: What are Diversi Records

Atti di diversi are most often found before 1865. These records might include anything. However, the most common documents seen among the atti di diversi are (1) birth records of still-born children (morti-nati), (2) birth records of abandoned children (nati di proietti), (3) records of deaths of in...