Search found 685 matches

by JohnArmellino
02 Oct 2017, 18:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso
Replies: 7
Views: 346

Re: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso

Vanessa - I have a database that was extracted from the church records in Campobasso. In particular, the baptismal records of la Cattedrale. It appears (although I can't be sure) that all baptisms took place at la Cattedrale. Books IV through VI cover the period JUL 1636 through 1724. However, I cou...
by JohnArmellino
25 Aug 2017, 00:56
Topic: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso
Views: 346

Re: Rosina Mastropaolo in Campobasso, Campobasso

I've read your posts with interest because I've rarely seen anyone make progress identifying the parents of a proietto. My GGF was a proietto and it's a complete dead end for me. I'd like to add some of my data to your quest, some of it is repetitive and some new: Rosina Mastropaolo, daughter of Ang...
by JohnArmellino
11 Apr 2017, 03:24
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso
Replies: 16
Views: 5218

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

I am very curious about the Iaciofano family. I am a American Mirando, but my family is convinced we are Miranda's from Busso, Italy. My great-grandfather Antonio Mirando/a, when he immigrated to America married a Iaciofano. Her name is Theresa (Tessie), her mother and father's names are Joseph (b1...
by JohnArmellino
21 Oct 2016, 02:48
Topic: What are Diversi Records
Replies: 6
Views: 652

Re: What are Diversi Records

Atti di diversi are most often found before 1865. These records might include anything. However, the most common documents seen among the atti di diversi are (1) birth records of still-born children (morti-nati), (2) birth records of abandoned children (nati di proietti), (3) records of deaths of in...
by JohnArmellino
23 Aug 2016, 23:02
Topic: John Patrick Mancini - Date of Birth and Birth City
Replies: 4
Views: 394

Re: John Patrick Mancini - Date of Birth and Birth City

GGF: Giovanni Francesco Patrizio Mancini, born 17 OCT 1866 in CB 2GGF: Luigi Mancini, born 30 NOV 1840 in CB (spouse: Anna Maria Angela Libertone) 3GGF: Giovanni Pasquale Mancini, born 06 OCT 1814 in CB (spouse: Marianna di Tota) 4GGF: Patrizio Maria Mancini, born 14 DEC 1785 in CB (spouse: Rosangel...
by JohnArmellino
08 Dec 2015, 18:06
Topic: Looking for ORIENTE family
Replies: 9
Views: 1578

Re: Looking for ORIENTE family

Possible birth record of Raffaele Oriente (father of Angelo) Index#113 1835 Mar 30th in the town of Campobasso birth of Raffaele Oriente son of Pasquale Oriente age 40 farmer and Maria Teresa Iannazzo age 30 (Raffaele Oriente was baptized in the church of S. Angelo on Mar 31st) CLICK ON PAGE TO MAG...
by JohnArmellino
07 Dec 2015, 22:02
Topic: Looking for ORIENTE family
Replies: 9
Views: 1578

Re: Looking for ORIENTE family

Your Oriente line: Angelo Oriente, b. 12 JUN 1877 in CB, m. Filomena Veronesi Raphaele Oriente, b. 30 MAR 1835 in CB, m. Maria Vittoria Libertucci Francesco Paolo Oriente, b.c. 1787 in CB, m. Maria Teresa Taurozzi Isidoro Costanzio Oriente, ch. 08 APR 1745 in CB, m. Gaetana Iannantuono Carlo Donato ...
by JohnArmellino
14 Jul 2015, 01:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Tizzano arrived 14 july 1917 via Canopic
Views: 3937

Re: Tizzano arrived 14 july 1917 via Canopic

As Tessa points out, the online records for Oratino end at 1910, as do the LDS films. However, I do have the birth and marriage records of your Great Grandparents in my database. Antonio Tizzano, born 12 FEB 1828 in Oratino, son of Francesco [born 18 JAN 1807 in Oratino] and Carmina Tirabasso [born ...
by JohnArmellino
11 May 2015, 19:32
Topic: Campobasso
Replies: 76
Views: 70079

Re: Campobasso

@Antonio Another shot in the dark. Might these be your grandparents?: Giuseppe Antonio Iannaccio , age 21, calzolaio, born in Montagano, son of Domenico and Nunzia Tomasso, and Francesca Maria Assunta Sarcone , age 17, contadina, born in Montagano, daughter of Nicolamaria and Libera Galuppo, were ma...
by JohnArmellino
11 May 2015, 19:17

@Conno11 The civil records for Vinchiaturo have been posted online by the Italian National Archives. Go to the link below to search these records: http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ Follow the link for archivi di stato, then Archivio di Stato di Campobasso. The records are broken down into three ...
by JohnArmellino
11 May 2015, 19:15

@Antonio Is this your grandfather?: Sisto Albino Costantino Iannaccio Padre : Giuseppenicola Iannaccio Madre : Crocifissa Iannitto Comune/Località : Montagano, Campobasso, Italia Data : 01 Jan 1887 Tipologia di Atto : Nascite Your grandmother?: Francesca Maria Assunta Sarcone Padre : Nicolamaria Sar...
by JohnArmellino
19 Feb 2015, 23:42
Topic: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano
Replies: 25
Views: 2480

Re: The meaning and souce of Surname Iaciofano

In this case the priest is 100% wrong, unless he means that they were destroyed or the church wasn't built yet (make sure you go to the right church! You will need to check them all, its sometimes kept at the "main" church). Churches were required by church law to keep those records from about the ...
by JohnArmellino
19 Feb 2015, 23:13

You might be able to find some older Iaciofano records in the notary records that are held at the provincial archives in Campobasso.
by JohnArmellino
19 Feb 2015, 23:12

I was at San Lorenzo Matire in 2006 and inquired about the church records. Unfortunately, we were told that there were no records that predated the civil records. Occasionally you do get wrong information from a parish priest, who may be unaware of the extent of records available. However, in this c...
by JohnArmellino
13 Feb 2015, 17:33
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso
Replies: 16
Views: 5218

Re: Iaciofano family in Busso, campobasso

Dennis - Yes, we are Fifth Cousins. Our common ancestors are Nicola Ranallo, born circa 1729, died 09 JUN 1797 in Busso, and Isabella Picciano, died 25 OCT 1799 in Busso. Nicola was the son of Leopoldo Ranallo and Livia Sepede. Your line of descent: Leopoldo > Nicola > Giuseppe Antonio (born 09 MAY ...