Old Italian Photos circa- 1880's-1920's? Lio/Monaco/Gervais

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
annizoe

Old Italian Photos circa- 1880's-1920's? Lio/Monaco/Gervais

Post by annizoe »

A few years back I came into posession of my grandmother's sister's photo albums (my grandmother Jenny Price living in NJ (Giovanina Lio took posession of them when her sister Angelina Lio-Grievo died) and in the albums are some very interesting old photos. Many are without identifying info some have names or what may be names...the original family is from the Calabria region...(Leo and Cianco) but my great-aunt Angelina Leo-Grievo was married to a Rocco Grievo whos' surname before 1930 was originally Gevassi/Gervazio (spellings vary but are phonetically spelled.) There are other last names in the album like Aiello and Monaco (who is relation.) One soldier's photo has the word Combia and I'm not sure if that's a name or place.

It looks like Rocco Gervaise came to the USA from Calabria region from the town of Campo leaving behind mother (Leonardo?) Carmela in Campo heading for NY. For the next few decades they lived in North Plainfield, NJ.

I didn't know if there was a way to post these photos...

Annizoe/Twirleygirl
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Old Italian Photos circa- 1880's-1920's? Lio/Monaco/Ger

Post by Tessa78 »

annizoe wrote:
I didn't know if there was a way to post these photos...

Annizoe/Twirleygirl

Try uploading them to this site...

http://postimage.org/

Then copy and paste the "thumbnail for forum 1" code to this post... :-)

T.