Ficara/Cutrera/Coniglio/Pisciotta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Ficara/Cutrera/Coniglio/Pisciotta

Post by figaro66 »

Looking for records for Angelo Ficara possibly at San Martino Church in Corleone, Born approx late 1860's, He married Francesca Paola Coniglio in Louisiana U.S.A. Also Bernarda Cutrera married to Salavatore Coniglio. I believe that Bernarda's parents are Vincenzo Cutrera and Domenico Pisciotta. So any marriage/Birth/Baptism records would help. Thank's
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ficara/Cutrera/Coniglio/Pisciotta

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website
Those records are available online at familysearch.org under Italy, Catholic Church Records,Palermo,Corleone,San Martino.
The indexes are at the front of the records for that year first name listed first surname second with a index number after the name
Example of Baptism record of Ficara 3rd down on right
1864 Dec 2 Parents Calogero Ficara and Antonia Di Puma
Click for record click again to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Marty

Opened my computer to such a wonderful document and the answer I have been looking for for 15 years. Thank you so much.

Tracy
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1870 April 26 baptism of Francesca Paola Coniglio daughter of Salvatore Coniglio and Bernarda Cutrera
click for record click to enlarge top left

POSSIBLE Marriage 1849 Jan 14th of Salavatore Coniglio son of Francesco Coniglio and Antonia Leggio married to Bernarda Cutrera daughter of Lioness??Cutera and Lucia Marino
click on record click again to enlarge 3rd down on left

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

POSSIBLE BAPTISM RECORD Corleone Palermo Church of San Martino
1831 March 13 Bernarda Cutrera daughter of Leoneluca Cutera and Lucia(Cutera) Marino
click on record click again to enlarge 2nd record down on left

POSSIBLE BAPTISM RECORD 1821 April Corleone Palermo Church of San Martino
Salvatore Coniglio son of Francesco Coniglio and Antonia(Coniglio) Liggio
click on record click again to enlarge 3rd record down on right

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

POSSIBLE MARRIAGE RECORD Sept 1801 Corleone Palermo Church of San Martino
Francesco Coniglio son of Paolo Coniglio (CUNIGLIO) and Ann Rosato married to Antonia Liggio daughter of Leonardo Liggio and Paula Liveioli???
click on record click again to enlarge 2nd record down on left

Marty

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Thank you soo Much, for your continued search for me.. Wish I could read it better, Do you know if I can save it to my computer allready enlarged. When I do it staright off the computer it gets really blurry.. Again Thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

All the records come off familysearch.org Go to Europe/Italy, Catholic Church Records/Browse through 474,113 images/Palermo/Corleone/San Martino you can get a better print out there and look them up the year is on the top of the record and the page numbers are on the top also. There are more records of your family on the church records just got to search. The indexes are at the front of the record years most of the time by first name alphabetized.

Marty

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

ADELFIO
i WAS LOOKING AND THE RECORDS YOU SENT they ARE IN FACT CORRECT, I didn't know why my Great grandfather was named Leouca Ficara since his father was Angelo, Looking at the records you sent, the mystery is over.
Francesca Paola Cutrera Coniglio Ficara named her children
Bernarda, Maria Elena, Lucia, Giovanna, LeoLuca (Louis) and last child Josephine. Frances married Angelo in New Orleans Louisiana they had 3 or 4 children there, they leave, why I don't know go back to Corleone Sicily and stay there for 6 years, hence having my Great Grandfather in Sicily, They come back here to the states in 1903 on the messalin and Angelo dies 1905. With all this said, you have given me the additional info that corolates with the names, I love it and I thank you so much.... I will continue to search with the info you gave me....
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Tracy here is another record for you with info how to get to the page
Found it in this index
Italy, Catholic Church Records
Palermo
Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1798-1832
Image 27 of 592 the index
Then I went through the records til I found #442
Image 250 of 592
1809 May marriage of Leoneluca Cutera son of Caetani Cutera and Innocenti Schitano?? married to Lucia(Cutera) Marino daughter of Leoneluiz Marino and Domenica (Marino) Livoraino

Click for record click to enlarge

Marty

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Just got in and seen this.. No words, all I can say is Thank you so Much!!!!!!!!!!!
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Adelfio

I have been on the Family search site for the past 4 hours. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I need help!!!! You had found Angelo Ficara baptism Dec 2nd 1864 parents are Cologerno Ficara and Antonia Di Puma. I am now trying to locate Cologerno Ficara's Birth (Parents) and Antonia's birth (Parents) even a marriage record. I looked up within 20 years of Angelo's birth, Not finding it... Help please...
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

figaro66 wrote:Adelfio

I have been on the Family search site for the past 4 hours. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I need help!!!! You had found Angelo Ficara baptism Dec 2nd 1864 parents are Cologerno Ficara and Antonia Di Puma. I am now trying to locate Cologerno Ficara's Birth (Parents) and Antonia's birth (Parents) even a marriage record. I looked up within 20 years of Angelo's birth, Not finding it... Help please...
Could be Antonia Di Puma was born in a different town so there wedding was in that town home of the bride
I will do some researching

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

AS I was researching but I found another Ficara 1862 Jan 12th Lucia Ficara daughter of Calogero Ficara and Antonio Di Puma she died Aug 1st 1913 in Corleone
Palermo
Corleone
San Martino
Battesimi 1858-1863 Image 282 of 388
Click for record click to enlarge top left

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Index was split between years of records
Palermo
Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1832-1856
Index is Image 290 of 443 under Calogero Ficara

Palermo
Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1832-1856
Image 441 of 443
1855 Sept 5 marriage of Calogero Ficara son of Angelo Ficara and Rosalia Trapani married Antonia Di Puma daughter of Victorio Di Puma and Antonia Puccio in the the town of Corleone Church of San Martino
Click for record click to enlarge bottom right

Marty :D :D

Marty