Lamberto and Barbaresi families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mheimall

Re: Lamberto and Barbaresi families

Post by mheimall »

Hi Kristy,
My great grandmother is the Anna Barbaresi you mentioned (Pierina's sister), she married Frank Bevilacqua and lived in Springfield. Her daughter, Mary was my grandmother. I'm finding the whole clan rather confusing as it appears there were several Barbaresis, Bevilacquas and Contes who intermarried and travelled back and forth from Italy for years. I did not know about the other siblings you mentioned.......
dpb

Post by dpb »

My grandmother was Enrika (or Ricetta) Barbaresi, another one of the sisters to Anna and Pierina. Enricka also married a Bevilacqua, Natale, and lived in Clinton, MA. I have visited Castelleone, Italy and met an Italian cousin, but have not yet found out much about the Bevilacqua side of the family and whether they also came from that region of Italy or not. Also wondering if Frank (Francesco) and Natale may have been brothers?

I'm new to this search, but interested in finding any information on our families.
kristym

Post by kristym »

I did MUCH research and found a whole lot of info from my cousin Donna & sister Pat who have been to Casteleone Italy to see relatives. I want to go! Pierina (Barbaresi) Lamberto was my Nonna who lived on Fitch Rd Clinton MA. She Married Mario lamberto. My Mom was her oldest Nicolina, then Domenic, Nunzio, Mary, Rose and petrina... Only Mary and petrina and Domenic's wife Betty are left now.
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

well, the Barbaresi half ot that tree is deep rooted into Marche region. So let's do my half- research:
1 Domenico Barbaresi & Maria Conti got married in Castellone di Suasa around 1886
2 both Domenico and Maria were born in Castellone di Suasa
3 Domenico's job was "carbonaro", a job encompassing migrating to mountains, wood cutting and wood-to-charcoal transformation by burning.
4 Domenico's birth, should be abt 1858 (in Castellone di Suasa)
5 next generation: Pasquale Barbaresi = Giovanna Ridolfi, parents of Domenico.
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...