now, if my Dad applies . . .

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

now, if my Dad applies . . .

Post by Steverino3006 »

I am waiting for my appointment in the second half of next year. I have all my docs to apply via my paternal grandfather.

Now it dawns on me :idea: that maybe my dad will want to apply as well. I have all the documents he will need, other than his application form, and I believe he will also need the birth certificates of my siblings. I can get all of that no sweat.

So, my questions:

1. Will my dad not need any marriage certificates of my siblings, since it is his application?

2. ditto re his grandchildren's birth certificates?

3. Once my dad is approved, what is the status of my siblings? Are they recognized as Italian citizens, or will they have to apply themselves, using my dad as the starting point?

It seems having my dad recognized will make it easier on my siblings and their children.

Any other thoughts?
mler
Master
Master

Re: now, if my Dad applies . . .

Post by mler »

Since it appears that they are no longer minors, he should not submit either their birth or marriage certificates. Once his citizenship is recognized, your siblings can apply referencing his recognition. They submit their bc's, mc's and bc' of the minor children.

Your siblings will not be recognized until they officially apply and their applications are accepted. Until that happens, only you and your father will be Italian citizens.

Yes, it will indeed make the path easier for your brothers and sisters, but check with the consulate before you add your dad to the appointment. They will insist on knowing ahead of time that they will be processing more than one application.
jr777

Post by jr777 »

Similar question My father is now an Italian via blood right, and I have an appointment to get my citizenship as well. (through the San Francisco Italian consulate) Though none of the stated qualification methods apply to me as far as I know. Given that my father has his Italian citizenship now does anyone know (other than my Long for birth certificate translated into Italian with Apostille), which other docs I need in order for my application to be accepted/approved?
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steverino3006 »

You can check out your local Italian Conulate for information.

Here is a link to the relevant info on the San Francisco Consulates website; there is much more free info available on the web.

www.conssanfrancisco.e...ZIONI1.doc
teddi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by teddi »

I've seen a couple of mentions lately of parents who are registered in AIRE simply taking (or mailing) the adult child's birth certificate to the consulate for registration in AIRE. This was in New York and LA I believe.
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steverino3006 »

teddi wrote:I've seen a couple of mentions lately of parents who are registered in AIRE simply taking (or mailing) the adult child's birth certificate to the consulate for registration in AIRE. This was in New York and LA I believe.
interesting. And that resulted in the adult children being recognized as Italian citizens?

I searched, but could not find any such posts in this or the couple other forums I watch. Do you recall where you saw these items?

thanks.